Student Health Insurance
Loyola’s student health insurance provider is United Healthcare Student Resources. Students may visit the plan website at www.uhcsr.com/luc to view a full plan description, plan benefits, exclusions, limitations, and terms of coverage.
2018–2019 Rates & Terms of Coverage
- Annual: August 1, 2018–July 31, 2019
- Spring: January 1, 2019–July 31, 2019
- Summer: May 1, 2019–July 31, 2019
If you have your own insurance already or are covered under your parent’s/partner's plan, you may waive out of Loyola’s Student Health Insurance by providing proof of other coverage on your LOCUS Student Portal**. Follow the instructions below to complete the waiver process.
- Log into LOCUS and select “Campus Finances”, then “Student Health Insurance”
- Select the “Waive out” button and submit your insurance information
- The insurance fee will be credited to your student account within 48 hours
Fall 2018 Waiver deadline: October 1, 2018
Spring 2019 Waiver deadline: February 28, 2019
* The cost of Loyola's United Healthcare Student Insurance is subject to change. Loyola's Office of the Bursar maintains the most up-to-date information on the cost of the plan. To learn more, please visit http://www.luc.edu/bursar/insurance.shtml.
** NOTE: You must waive out of the Loyola Health Insurance plan every Fall and Spring Semester that you are enrolled as a student. If you forget to waive out of the Loyola Health Insurance plan before the deadline, you will be automatically charged for the United Healthcare Student plan, and you will not be able to get a refund.
Please visit http://www.luc.edu/bursar/insurance.shtml for more information.