Student Health Insurance
All full-time students at Loyola University Chicago are required to have health insurance. The cost of healthcare in the U.S. is extremely high, therefore it is essential to have adequate health insurance to help cover the very high charges that will result from any type of health service.
Loyola’s student health insurance provider is United Healthcare Student Resources. Students may visit the plan website at www.uhcsr.com/luc to view a full plan description, plan benefits, exclusions, limitations, and terms of coverage.
2020–2021 Rates & Terms of Coverage
- Annual: August 1, 2020–July 31, 2021
- Spring: January 1, 2021–July 31, 2021
- Summer: May 1, 2021–July 31, 2021
If you have your own insurance already or are covered under your parent’s/partner's plan, you may waive out of Loyola’s Student Health Insurance by providing proof of other coverage on your LOCUS Student Portal**. Follow the instructions below to complete the waiver process.
- Log into LOCUS and select “Campus Finances”, then “Student Health Insurance”
- Select the “Waive out” button and submit your insurance information
- The insurance fee will be credited to your student account within 48 hours
* The cost of Loyola's United Healthcare Student Insurance is subject to change. Loyola's Office of the Bursar maintains the most up-to-date information on the cost of the plan. To learn more, please visit http://www.luc.edu/bursar/insurance.shtml.
** NOTE: You must waive out of the Loyola Health Insurance plan every Fall and Spring Semester that you are enrolled as a student. If you forget to waive out of the Loyola Health Insurance plan before the deadline, you will be automatically charged for the United Healthcare Student plan, and you will not be able to get a refund.
Please visit http://www.luc.edu/bursar/insurance.shtml for more information.