Electronic W-2 Consent
Payroll Services is pleased to announce that active employees may elect to receive their W‐2 statements online through Employee Self Service in an IRS approved PDF format. This allows you to print and send the on‐line form with your tax return.
Loyola University Chicago is required by the IRS to furnish all employees with a form W‐2 for each calendar year. The form W‐2 details the employee’s compensation, tax withholdings and required disclosures for the year. In the past, employees have received paper copies of their W‐2. Complete instructions for Form W‐2 are available on the IRS Web site at: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2.pdf
Please note that in order to opt in to receive your W-2 electronically, you must be on Loyola's network, either on campus or connected via Loyola Secure Access.
Benefits of Receiving Form W‐2 Electronically
- Online delivery provides access to the W‐2 statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the W‐2 statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or misplaced after the employee receives it.
- Employees can retrieve their W‐2 statements at any time of day. If accessing from off-campus, you will need to log in through LSA first.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Employees are contributing to cost savings (forms, printing and postage expense).
- W‐2 statements will remain online for multiple years.
Giving Consent and Accessing Form W-2 Electronically
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive the W-2 in an electronic format. Once consent is given it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated. The process for giving consent and accessing your electronic W-2 is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Consent to receive your W-2 electronically by following these simple steps: Electronic W-2 Instructions (Opting-In).
- Watch for an email notification alerting you that W-2’s are available on Employee Self Service.
- View and print your W-2 by following these simple steps: Electronic W-2 Instructions (Viewing and Printing)
- These documents contain your social security number, which you will want to protect to help prevent identity theft. Employees are advised to NOT leave their computer screen unattended when viewing W-2 forms. Also, be sure to retrieve the printed copy promptly if routed to a network printer shared by others.
- It will no longer be necessary for current employees to request a duplicate of their W-2 form. Access to the current year W-2 as well as all subsequent years will be available through Employee Self Service as long as the employee is actively employed by Loyola University Chicago. Employees who have separated from Loyola University Chicago will have to request duplicate W-2 forms from the Payroll Office.
An employee who consents to receiving the Form W‐2 electronically will not receive a paper copy. If an employee does not consent, Payroll will mail the W‐2, using the US Postal Service, to the current address on record no later than January 31st.
Payroll will mail form W‐2, using the US Postal Service, to the current address on record of those employees who have separated from Loyola University Chicago.
The entire disclosure notice is located here.