Gannon Graduate Leaders
Gannon Graduate Leaders
The Gannon Center educates and fosters women leaders to contribute to the development of a more just social order. A key part of this mission is preparing women leaders who will pursue justice for the environment, health, and society. Are you a graduate student who is passionate about these issues? Do you want to understand how your personal strengths and graduate studies can help women lead change for good in the world?
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership is excited to announce the “Gannon Graduate Leaders”, a new leadership coaching program specifically designed for graduate students at Loyola University Chicago. In this coaching program, graduate students will gain a clearer vision of who they are, where they are going professionally, and how they can lead change for social and environmental justice – aligning with LUC’s mission to “Prepare People to Lead Extraordinary Lives” and with the Gannon Center’s mission to support women to lead in every sector of society.
Specifically, graduate students will receive individualized leadership coaching, which will empower them to:
- Discover the strengths in their personal stories.
- Develop skills to complement those strengths.
- Design a personal leadership plan to launch their careers.
Logistics and Commitments
- This is a semester-long coaching program taking place during the Fall semester of 2023.
- 5 graduate students from any school or program at Loyola University Chicago will be selected.
- Students will meet once a week, either as a group, or for individualized coaching sessions.
- Short readings on leadership will be assigned and students will be asked to document their reflections on their self-discovery process and to share their experiences.
- Students can expect to dedicate approximately 6 hours per month to the program.
*All meetings will be held in-person on the Lakeshore Campus.
Eligibility and How to Apply
The “Gannon Graduate Leaders” coaching program is open to all full-time graduate students at Loyola University Chicago (MA, MS, PhD, and other masters and doctoral programs in any of LUC’s schools). Applications are open to students entering graduate school (graduating seniors from LUC) and current graduate students. We welcome applicants of any gender identity who are committed to the Gannon Center's mission of advancing women’s leadership, gender equity, and broader social justice.
Applications now being accepted—Click here to apply!
Applications include (1) questions about your motivation to participate in this program, (2) a resume/CV, (3) a letter of recommendation. (The letter of recommendation can be sent directly by your recommender to Prof. Tallman: email@example.com.)
The deadline for applications is April 3rd, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Paula Skye Tallman (firstname.lastname@example.org).