Undergraduate Leadership Award
Gannon Center Undergraduate Leadership Award
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership, in conjunction with the Gannon Scholars Leadership Program, is pleased to announce its tenth annual Undergraduate Leadership Award.
This Award recognizes undergraduate students who exemplify the Gannon Center’s mission of advancing women’s leadership, gender equity, and broader social justice. We welcome and seek Award nominees of any gender identity who contribute to this mission through their own leadership, research, and service.
Each year the Gannon Center selects one recipient for the Undergraduate Leadership Award. The recipient is chosen from a pool of nominations submitted by faculty, staff, and students and is additionally based on an application submitted by the nominee.
The Award recipient will be announced at a ceremony on the evening of March 13, 2023, honoring all Award nominees. The recipient will receive a prize of $500. Please direct any questions to Sarah Hallett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Criteria & Selection Process
- The Undergraduate Leadership Award is open to any current undergraduate student enrolled at Loyola during the Spring 2023 semester.
- Nominees must first be nominated by a Loyola faculty member, staff member, or current student.
- After a nomination is received, the nominee will be notified and asked to submit an application that includes a résumé and a reflection on how they contribute to the Gannon Center’s mission.
- Nominees must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above to be consider for the Award.
- Nominees will be screened by Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution.
- A student may not win the Award more than once but may be nominated in multiple years.
- Loyola faculty, staff, and students may nominate more than one student for the Award.
- All Nomination Forms are due by 5pm on December 19, 2022.
- Nominated students will be contacted via email to complete the Nominee Application Form.
- Nominee Applications are due by 5pm on January 23, 2023.
- Nominations and applications will be reviewed by the Gannon Center Director, Gabrielle Buckley, along with a committee of faculty, staff, and student representatives.