Support for Online Classes
Loyola University is dedicated to helping students succeed in their academic pursuits. There are many forms of support available to assist you as an online student. We have highlighted a few resources on this page, including resources designed for online students. Additionally, you can visit the Resource Rundown for a comprehensive list of services for LUC students.
Student Complaint Procedure
Students enrolled in online courses and programs are able to follow the same procedure as on-campus students if a grievance with the University arises. Learn more about the procedure for filing a complaint at our Student Complaint Procedure page.
Online Student Orientation
The Office of Online Learning has created an Online Student Orientation that was designed to provide you with the information you need to be a successful online student. The orientation covers a wide variety of topics from how to access your online courses to how to craft a discussion post. We hope this information helps you feel confident and prepared to begin an online course at LUC. If you have questions as you navigate through this site, please reach out to us at the Office of Online Learning at email@example.com.
You can access the orientation at Loyola University Chicago Online Student Orientation.
Technology Support Services
Students will use a variety of technologies in the online environment. Here you can find support for Loyola's technology tools:
- ITS Service Desk: The ITS Service Desk provides the Loyola community with a single point of contact for technology support.
- Sakai: At Loyola, Sakai acts as an electronic extension of classroom teaching.
- Zoom: Zoom is a tool often utilized for online courses, allowing instructors to collaborate online in real-time, through a "virtual meeting."
- LOCUS: LOCUS is Loyola's information portal for a wide variety of tasks that a student can perform online.
- Digication: Digication is Loyola's Learning Portfolio platform. Learning Portfolios are a digital collection of student work, reflections, and educational experiences assembled in a structured, online format customized by the student and can be shared with faculty, staff, advisors, and peers.
Academic Support Services
- University Libraries: As a part of Loyola's online student community, you have access to the wealth of knowledge contained in our libraries. You can request materials, and return books via mail. As well as receive research assistance. Visit Services for Distance and Online Students for more information.
- Academic Advising and Support Services: Academic Advising and Support Services provides guidance and support services for undergraduate students.
- The Graduate School Academic Policies: The Graduate School provides more information on academic policies pertaining to graduate students including information on academic advising.
- Tutoring Center: The Tutoring Center provides Loyola University students the opportunity to receive free academic support through multiple services, including Supplemental Instruction, Small Group Tutoring, and Success Coaching.
- Writing Center: The Writing Center provides online tutoring for all students. Anyone with a Loyola user ID and password can sign up for an appointment to meet with an online tutor.
- The Student Accessibility Center: The Student Accessibility Center (SAC) supports Loyola University Chicago students with disabilities. SAC is committed to providing resources for students with disabilities through innovative services, programs, and partnerships.
Student Support Services
- Career Services: Career Services serves all Loyola students and alumni as a source for career assessment, career education and assistance with the job search.
- Financial Aid Office: The Financial Aid Office helps students navigate all things related to federal, state, and institutional aid. Visit Financial Aid Contact Us for information on virtual assistance.
- University Bookstore: The Loyola University Chicago Bookstore offers online students the ability to order course materials online.
- Military Veteran Student Services: The Office of Military Veteran Student Services supports the successful transition from military service to Loyola University Chicago and beyond.
- Office of the Bursar: The Office of the Bursar helps students navigate and manage Loyola expenses so they can focus on their education.
- Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR): The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) is responsible for promoting and enforcing the Community Standards and supporting The Student Promise.
- Office of Registration and Records: The Office of Registration and Records exists to serve the needs of the students, both on-campus and online, and to safeguard the integrity of the students’ educational record.
- Student Services Virtual Hub: The HUB will be your virtual one-stop and connection to Sullivan Center services and resources.
- The Wellness Center: The Loyola University Chicago Wellness Center offers online students health information, web-based wellness resources and violence prevention tools.