The Office of Online Learning (OOL) is committed to working with faculty, staff, and administration to create high-quality, accessible online courses and programs that meet the needs of our current and future students, as well as the strategic goals of Loyola's academic colleges and schools. Housed within Academic Affairs, OOL provides assistance to individual faculty and academic programs in the following areas:
- Instructional design assistance – OOL helps faculty and academic programs build and offer consistent, accessible, and high-quality online courses and programs.
- Quality assurance services – OOL assists instructors and program administrators review their courses for consistency and quality based on national standards. Such reviews are useful for accreditation reports and visits as well as for improving student success and satisfaction.
- Professional development - Our office helps faculty become exceptional online teachers. Whether through the Online Teaching Course, customized informational sessions, or collaboration with other faculty support services, OOL assures that online instructors feel confident in delivering the courses they’ve created.
- Academic integrity services – Through consultations and self-paced trainings, OOL helps faculty who teach online to design their courses and assignments to ensure academic integrity in the online environment.
- State and international authorization – Online programs must adhere to specific state authorizations if offered to students outside of Illinois or internationally. OOL assists program administrators with state and international authorizations.
- Accessibility – Ensuring online courses are accessible is the law and also helps Loyola fulfill its mission to extend educational opportunity to students of all backgrounds and abilities. OOL guides faculty and programs through the requirements and benefits of accessibility and assists with the technical setup of accessible courses.