AlcoholEdu for College and SAP courses
Students can begin taking AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates (SAPU) in early August
- Loyola values the health and well-being of every student. Whether you choose to drink or not, are over 21, or have taken this program before, the information provided in these programs helps build a more knowledgeable and prepared community. All incoming students (including transfer students who took this course at their previous institution) are required to take AlcoholEdu and SAPU before starting at Loyola.
- Federal law also requires all universities to educate their students on alcohol, other drugs, and gender-based violence.
- AlcoholEdu for College is an online educational program proven to help reduce high-risk drinking and alcohol-related harm among college students.
After completing AlcoholEdu for College you will:
- Know how to make responsible choices around alcohol. This will help ensure you succeed academically and personally, and help contribute to the safety of the Loyola community.
- Get tips on how to help a friend if they have had too much to drink or are in a not-so-good situation involving alcohol or other drugs.
- Learn about the reality of alcohol consumption at Loyola and other college campuses.
- Learn about Loyola specific policies and resources around alcohol and other drug use
Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates addresses relationships, sexual health, consent, and sexual assault. You will get definitions and statistics, active bystander strategies, information on Loyola's Community Standards, and resources. The course is personalized for each of you, based on your responses.
After completing Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates you will:
- Be able to define sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.
- Be aware of ways that you can make a difference around gender-based violence.
- Be equipped to recognize potentially dangerous, real-life scenarios
- Have an understanding of the role alcohol plays around consent.
- Have information about the resources available on campus.
All incoming students to Loyola (including first year and transfer) are required to take both courses in Fall 2022. Students will receive an email from the company Vector Solutions during the first week of August with instructions on how to take the course. Students will log in with their LUC uvid and password and will have about a month to complete both courses, They will be due September 10th. Part 2, which is a short survey, will be available 30 days after Part 2 is students are required to complete it sometime in October.
Note: If you do not receive an email with the course assignment by mid-August, please email email@example.com or check your Loyola spam folder at proofpoint.luc.edu. You can also try to log in with your LUC UVID and password on the LUC Everfi sign in page HERE.
If you have any technical issues with the course, use the help button located within the course for tech support. For more general questions about AlcoholEdu and SAPU or completion status, email firstname.lastname@example.org.