To apply to Loyola University Chicago, you'll need the following:
- Free online application
- Official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher
- Beginning for the 2021 application cycle, Loyola will be test optional*. We understand the disruption in test taking given the pandemic and we want to remain accessible to our students. Loyola has always taken a holistic admission review of each applicant and will continue to do so moving forward as a test optional institution. We encourage all applicants to submit their activities and personal statement as part of their application. Students may still choose to submit ACT and/or SAT scores as part of their application for admission. Students who do not submit scores will not be penalized. Loyola does superscore results, meaning the admission office is reviewing the highest subscore from each section of the exams. If a student does choose to submit scores, we recommend sharing all test results.
*Please note that students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Nursing and Engineering Science programs will still be required to submit a self-reported test score as part of the requirement for review. For those that cannot submit a score for these programs, the admission office may still consider a holistic review of the application.
You are given the option to submit:
- An essay on the topic of your choice
- A resume of your achievements and extracurricular activities at school or in your community
If you are an international student whose native language is not English or your primary language of instruction is not English, you may also be required to submit the following:
- TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English, Duolingo English Test scores
- The International Conditional Admission Program (ICAP) is available for students who have demonstrated sufficient academic ability but who need additional English language preparation. Applicants who qualify will be referred to the program based on the strength of their application
Applicants who will require a student visa must also submit:
- Declaration of Finances form
- Proof of financial resources showing your ability to cover expenses for your first year at Loyola
For admission consideration, it's recommended that freshman applicants complete the following high school courses:
- English courses: 4 years
- Math courses: 3 years
- Science courses: 3 years
- Social science courses: 3 years
- Foreign language courses: 2 years
*Students interested in applying into Engineering Science should have completed 4 units of mathematics, including 1 of calculus by their high school graduation.
Loyola offers big city opportunities with a small community feel.
College of Arts and Sciences