Ready to apply? This is a good place to start
To become a Loyola freshman, you'll just need to follow the steps below, and if you have questions, please contact us at 800.262.2373 or admission@LUC.edu. We are excited to help you through this college application process.
1. Check our deadlines. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Students must be admitted by February 1 to be eligible for a merit scholarship.
2. Submit your online application. As part of the online application, you will have a chance to tell us more about your extracurricular activities by filling out the co-curricular section or by uploading a resume to your file after you submit the application.
3. Have your official secondary and high school transcripts sent to Loyola. Official secondary and high school transcripts: Send us the official high school transcript from each school you have attended. If necessary, please provide an English translation. Send your transcripts directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
School officials may send documents via email to email@example.com. If you were homeschooled at any point during high school, please complete this form in addition to sending any traditional transcript you may have.
*If your school has closed due to COVID-19, we are temporarily allowing 2020 Fall applicants to submit unofficial transcripts to complete their applications. Students can email unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Admitted students who enroll at Loyola will be required to send official transcripts when they become available.
4. Test scores: Beginning for the 2021 application cycle, Loyola will be test optional*. We understand the disruption in test taking given the pandemic and we want to remain accessible to our students. Loyola has always taken a holistic admission review of each applicant and will continue to do so moving forward as a test optional institution. We encourage all applicants to submit their activities and personal statement as part of their application. Students may still choose to submit ACT and/or SAT scores as part of their application for admission. Students who do not submit scores will not be penalized. Loyola does superscore results, meaning the admission office is reviewing the highest subscore from each section of the exams. If a student does choose to submit scores, we recommend sharing all test results.
*Please note that students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Nursing and Engineering Science programs will still be required to submit a self-reported test score as part of the requirement for review. For those that cannot submit a score for these programs, the admission office may still consider a holistic review of the application.
5. English Proficiency: Some applicants may be asked to submit English proficiency scores. TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English and Duolingo English Test results are accepted. Please send official results from the testing agency. The minimum score for entry on the TOEFL is a 79, 6.5 for IELTS, 53 for PTE and 120 for Duolingo.
Loyola also offers an International Conditional Admission Program (ICAP) to undergraduate students who have demonstrated sufficient academic ability but who need additional English language preparation. Applicants who qualify will be referred to the program based on the strength of their application.
6. Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a Counselor Recommendation Form.
7. Send us a Declaration of Finances form, including supporting financial documents if you will need a student visa for Loyola. This shows they will be able to cover the costs of at least one year of attendance at Loyola with the expectation that funding will be available for the entire program of study.
8. Write a 500-word personal statement. This is optional. If you have any unique or special circumstances that you would like us to know about, upload a statement directly to your application status page after you have submitted the online application.
9. Upon admission, make your enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class.
Joining the Loyola University Chicago Empowering Sisterhood mentorship program gave me the resources I needed to succeed.
College of Arts and Sciences