We want your global experience at Loyola
International transfer students applying to Loyola need to turn in the following information and materials:
1. Complete the online application.
2. Send official secondary/high school transcripts if you have completed less than 20 transferable credit hours.
3. Submit official transcripts for all institutions attended outside of the United States as well as official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended. Transfer applicants need to request a Course-by-Course Evaluation or a Catalog Match Evaluation from Educational Perspectives to complete their application. Students who decide to enroll will be required to submit a Catalog Match Evaluation in order to receive credit for any courses taken abroad.
4. Demonstrate English Proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- Official TOEFL score (score of 79 or higher)
- Official IELTS score (score of 6.5 or higher)
- Official Pearson Test of English (score of 53 or higher)
- Official SAT or ACT score
- Official Duolingo English Test (score of 120 or higher)
- Successful completion of English Composition I & II at a U.S. institution with a grade of B or higher
Students requiring a visa will receive more information from the International Student Services Office on their next steps once they have received their admission decision. Students should be prepared to complete a financial declaration form, supporting documents showing funds available for the total cost of the year of study, and a copy of the ID page from your passport. These items are not required to receive an admission decision.
International transfers might need to take placement exams in math, English, or writing. The results are used to place students in the courses appropriate to their skill level and understanding. In some cases, this includes a non-credit ESL class or introductory math class.