tell us about yourself
Transfer students are considered for admission and merit-based scholarships based on previous academic coursework. You will need to submit the online application and official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities you have attended. A student who has less than 12 college credits needs to submit an official high school transcript or GED results as well as their official ACT or SAT scores.
Letters of recommendation, resumes, personal statements, writing samples, and essays are not required for the transfer application, but these items will be accepted as supplemental information and added to an application file.
In addition to the general requirements, those applying to the School of Education or Engineering Sciences will need to submit additional items:
When applying to the School of Education, students must submit a passing Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) score, formerly known as the Basic Skills test.
In lieu of the TAP, you can submit ACT or SAT scores that meet the following requirements. The writing subtest must have been taken for each test.
- Composite ACT Plus Writing score of at least 22 in the composite and a minimum 6 in Writing: The ACT minimum score of 6 in Writing is only if the test was taken after Sept. 10, 2016. A minimum scored of 16 in Writing is required only if the test was taken after Sept. 1, 2015, but before Sept. 10, 2016. Tests taken prior to Sept. 1, 2015, require the minimum writing score of 19.
- Composite (mathematics and evidence-based reading and writing) SAT score of at least 1110 and a minimum 26 in Writing: The SAT minimum scores of 1110 and 26 are only if the test was taken after March 4, 2016. Tests taken prior to that date require the minimum scores of 1030 and 450 for Writing.
Applications for our Engineering Science program are only available for the fall semester. They are reviewed on a rolling basis until spaces are filled, and applicants will be notified if a waiting list is enacted.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all college coursework completed. Prerequisite work will be factored into the cumulative average.
- A minimum grade of “B” is needed for prerequisite required courses.
|Calculus I||4 Credits|
|Calculus II||4 Credits|
|General Biology I||3 Credits|
|General Biology I Lab||1 Credit|
|College Physics I||3 Credits|
|College Physics II||3 Credits|
|College Physics II Lab||1 Credit|
|Computer Science||3 Credits|
|Engineering Graphics||3 Credits|
* Admitted transfer students into the Engineering Science program may be required to take a 1 credit hour summer course, Engineering Design Fundamentals (ENGR 100) prior to the start of the fall semester.
To apply for transfer admission to the Engineering Science program the following documents are needed:
- Completed undergraduate transfer application
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Engineering Science Prerequisite Completion Form
Unlike other schools I visited, Loyola has a community feel that makes you feel like you belong.
College of Arts and Sciences