Transfer students are considered for admission based on previous academic coursework. You will need to submit the online application and official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities you have attended. A student who will have less than 20 college credits at time of enrollment will be considered a freshman applicant with transfer credits. They would need to also submit an official high school transcript or GED results as well as their official ACT or SAT scores.
Letters of recommendation, resumes, personal statements, writing samples, and essays are not required for the transfer application, but these items will be accepted as supplemental information and added to an application file.
We know (and you know) that your talents can not summed up in a single number, so we take a holistic approach to reviewing your application.
1. Check our deadlines. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and are reviewed on a space-available basis. For scholarship consideration, please submit your application by June 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester. You can view a list of transfer scholarships here.
2. Submit the online application. There is no fee to apply.
3. Send us official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. Transcripts can be sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
Official electronic-certified PDF transcripts are also accepted. Please send them to transfer@LUC.edu
4. Send us your high school transcripts and official copies of your ACT and SAT scores if you have completed less than 12 credits of college work. Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
Letters of recommendation, resumes, personal statements, writing samples, and essays are not required for the transfer application. If provided though, these items will be accepted as supplemental information and added to your application file.
5. Submit official test scores for AP/IB credit, if applicable. Learn more about Loyola's credit by exam guidelines.
6. Submit any additional documentation needed
1. Complete the online application.
2. Send official secondary/high school transcripts if you have completed less than 20 transferable credit hours.
3. Submit official transcripts for all institutions attended outside of the United States as well as official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended. Transfer applicants need to request a Course-by-Course Evaluation or a Catalog Match Evaluation from Educational Perspectives to complete their application. Students who decide to enroll will be required to submit a Catalog Match Evaluation in order to receive credit for any courses taken abroad.
4. Demonstrate English Proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- Official TOEFL score
- Official IELTS score
- Official SAT or ACT score
- Successful completion of English 1 and English 2 at a U.S. institution with a grade of B or higher
Students requiring a visa must submit a financial declaration, supporting documents which may include a bank statement or scholarship letter reflecting funds available for the total cost of the year. You will also need to provide a copy of the ID page from your passport. These items are not required to receive an admission decision.
International transfers might need to take placement exams in math, English, or writing. The results are used to place students in the courses appropriate to their skill level and understanding. In some cases, this includes a non-credit ESL class or introductory math class.
Transfer applications to Engineering programs are only available/accepted for the fall entry term. They are reviewed on a rolling basis until spaces are filled, and applicants will be notified if a waiting list is enacted.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all college coursework completed. Prerequisite work must be done at the college level and will be factored into the cumulative average.
- A minimum grade of “B” is needed for prerequisite required courses.
|Calculus I||4 Credits|
|Calculus II||4 Credits|
|General Biology I||3 Credits|
|General Biology I Lab||1 Credit|
|College Physics I||3 Credits|
|College Physics II||3 Credits|
|College Physics II Lab||1 Credit|
|Computer Science||3 Credits|
|Engineering Graphics||3 Credits|
* Admitted transfer students into the Engineering program are required to take a 1 credit hour summer course, Engineering Design Fundamentals (ENGR 100) prior to the start of the fall semester.
** Students seeking entry into the Engineering program for Fall 2022 should complete their application no later than May 1st, 2022.
To apply for transfer admission to the Engineering program the following documents are needed: