At times, students do lose or have their U-Pass stolen during their Loyola University Chicago experience. While this experience can be troubling and frustrating, we are here to help.
We recommend that any student that does have their U-Pass stolen or who does lose their pass, to immediately file a police report if the pass was stolen. We also recommend that the student contact the CTA (1-877-669-8368. When calling, dial 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, and then 0 for customer service) and request that the pass be turned off, so that fraudulent charges are not incurred. Then, we recommend that the student go through the replacement processas soon as possible, so that they can continue to utilize the CTA.
Replacement U-Passes can be ordered online at http://www.luc.edu/upass/replace. Please note the following information about replacement cards:
- U-Pass replacement passes are required to continue to utilize the U-Pass
- Students should handle their card carefully. There is a replacement fee if the card stops working as a result of abuse.
- U-Pass replacement passes are $50. Your card will be ordered the day after you place your order and refunds are only available before your card has been ordered. The $50 replacement fee is required for all lost/stolen cards (regardless of police report) Please note that this is a CTA fee, not a Loyola fee, and cannot be waived. $50 is what CTA charges Loyola for replacement cards.
- Once a new U-Pass is ordered, the previous card is deactivated and cannot be used
- Please note that our contract with the CTA currently does not allow us to give out 7-day passes for use while a student awaits their replacement pass, even in cases of stolen passes. Unfortunately the 7-day passes provided to us by the CTA are ONLY for new students awaiting a first-time U-Pass.
Replacement U-Passes may be picked up at the Damen Student Center information desk or the Terry Student Center information desk. If you wish to have your U-Pass transferred to the Terry Student Center information desk, please be sure to select "Water Tower" for your location when ordering the replacement. Transfers will take an additional 1-2 business days to be available.
Passes take between 5-7 business days to arrive. Once passes arrive, an email will be sent notifying any student that their U-Pass replacement pass has arrived.
Students MUST activate any new replacement card before use:
- Activate by calling 1-877-450-5328. Students MUST call to activate the card or it will not work properly. Students will need their U-Pass and your student ID to complete this procedure. The card activates approximately 15 -20 minutes after calling. Your U-Pass will not work until activated.
- If you need assistance with activation or your U-Pass does not work after the activation process, please call Ventra Customer Service at 1-877-669-8368. Press "1" for English or "2" for Spanish. Press "0" to speak to a Ventra Chicago representative.
U-Pass Replacement Pick-Up Locations:
Lake Shore Campus
Damen Student Center
6511 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60626
Water Tower Campus
Terry Student Center
26 E. Pearson St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday.