See the Applying for Admission Page and you can also download this helpful Transfer Student Checklist for easy reference.
Please visit the E-benefits online portal. It can take the VA 6-8 weeks to process your application. Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. You will need to submit this document to the MVSS office at Loyola University Chicago.
Loyola University Chicago utilizes a 2-step certification process for every academic term.
- Initial certifications can begin up to 30 days before the start of the term. Only the # of credit hours are reported to the VA. This allows the VA to begin processing the housing, books & supply stipends, if eligible.
- Final certifications occur after the add/drop period in order to reduce overpayments. Verified credit hours, tuition and MANDATORY fees are reported.
- It is the student's responsibility to report enrollment changes to the MVSS office. Unreported changes may result in overpayments & debts to student accounts, registration holds and disruption of benefit payments.
- 6-8 weeks for the VA to process your initial application and send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- School Certifying Officials begin initial enorllment cerfitications up to 30 days before the start of the term and finalize after the add/drop period of the term.
- 4-6 additional weeks for VA to process enrollment certifications and send payments.
You will automatically be considered for academic scholarships during the admission process. It is recommended that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov to determine your eligibility for federal and state grants. For more information about applying for financial aid, please visit: http://www.luc.edu/finaid/apply_assistance.shtml.
The Office of Registration and Records will review all your transcripts, including SMART transcripts to determine if you will be offered any transfer credit for classes taken while in the military.
Please see Transition Checklist
Yes. However, the VA uses a credit equivalent formula to determine fulltime course loads during the summer. Below you can find what is considered fulltime during Loyola's summer terms.
- Early Summer: 4-Week Course- 3 Credits
- Session A & B: Each 6-Week Courses- 4 Credits
- Session C: 8-Week Course- 6 Credits
Example: Taking one 3-credit course during Session A, would make a student eligible to receive 3/4 or 75% of the housing stipend.
Students can use the charge authorization to add Rambler Bucks to their student account. Students can authorize up to $800 each semester to purchase books in the Loyola University Chicago bookstore. Please note that the charge authorization adds a charge to your university account, and must be repaid.
MVSS can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (773)508-3198. The Office is located on the Lake Shore Campus in the Sullivan Center, Suite 155.
Our Student Veterans of America of Loyola University Chicago is a member of the national organization- Student Veterans of America. This student-run organization is a great way to get to know other veteran students studying at Loyola University Chicago and participate in service projects geared toward enhancing wellness of veterans. Like organization on Facebook.