Loyola University Chicago

MVSS: Military Veteran Student Services

LUC Certification Process

To start using your GI Bill benefits at Loyola, please follow the steps below:

  1. If you have never used benefits at Loyola before or within the past year, please obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA through applying for benefits. Once obtained, please upload it to the secure upload portal.
    • If utilizing Chapter 31 (VR&E), please submit a Letter of Approval or Statement of Benefits in place of a COE. 
    • If utilizing Chapter 35, please provide the sponsoring service member's VA file number (social security number), and first and last name on the COE before submission. 
  2. After enrolling in classes, please fill out the VA-Request for Enrollment Certification (VA-REC) form (found on the Financial Aid’s website under Resources > Forms) and upload to the secure upload portal. Proper and accurate completion of this form is critical for processing benefits and failure to complete may result in a delay of disbursement. This form should be filled out for every term in which you intend to use benefits, but the COE is only needed initially. 
    • If completing the form as a first year student, please contact FSYAdvising@luc.edu for the advisor signature.

Note: We cannot accept physical copies of your COE or VA-REC form. They both must be uploaded through the secure upload portal. Please do not email us copies of these forms as we cannot upload them for you.