Graduate Assistantship in Women's Studies/Gender Studies
The Women's Studies and Gender Studies Program (WSGS) will soon be soliciting applications for one full-time Graduate Assistant position for the 2023-2024 academic year. The assistant must commit 15 hours per week to the WSGS Program plus occasional evenings or weekends.
• Hold office hours two-three days each week, in collaboration with the other staff members, to assist with ongoing student inquiries and program development.
• Coordinate and host the program’s academic lecture series to encourage learning that extends beyond the classroom.
• Assist the Director with advising students, planning academic programming, and assisting with program communication needs (website, newsletter, social media).
• Perform other duties as needed
• This position is open to all Loyola M.A. and Ph.D. students who have demonstrated an interest in women's and gender issues. Applicants enrolled in the WSGS M.A. or Dual Degree programs will be given preference.
• Applicants must demonstrate commitment to Women's Studies/Gender Studies, feminist scholarship/pedagogy, and promoting academic excellence outside of the classroom.
• Familiarity with several software packages (including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite) and social media strategy is preferred.
• $18,000 stipend plus 18 credit hours of tuition* and health insurance for the full time position
• Experience in administering a program
• Opportunity to work closely with Women's Studies/Gender Studies faculty and students
Applications should include (1) a letter detailing the applicant's interests and experience in WSGS or related fields (not to exceed 2 pages); (2) a curriculum vitae; and (3) names of two faculty members who can serve as references. Application details to come.
Please direct any questions to the WSGS Program Director, Dr. Betsy Jones Hemenway: email@example.com