Mundelein Center for Fine and Performing Arts
1020 W. Sheridan Rd.
Formerly Mundelein College, the recently restored 80-year-old building is sometimes referred to as the ‘skyscraper building’ and is on the National Register of Historical places. Mundelein College was founded as an all-women's college in 1930 by the Sisters of the Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and 60 years later the college joined Loyola University Chicago. Mundelein was the first self-contained skyscraper college for women in the world and the last four-year women's college in Illinois at the time of its affiliation with Loyola. Within Mundelein Center is a large auditorium, atrium, theatres, and several classrooms.