To qualify for dual credit enrollment, your student must have the appropriate academic qualifications and be highly motivated to succeed in a college-level classroom.
- Be a student in Grade 11 or 12
- Carry a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Have a written endorsement from their principal or guidance counselor
Sophomores enrolled in courses that are typically junior or senior level courses—courses whose majority enrollment is junior or senior level—may participate in the Loyola Dual Credit Program with an email request from the dual credit liaison (usually your high school principal, assistant principal, or guidance counselor) indicating the following:
- The designated course in question is a junior (or senior) level course.
- The student meets the required 3.0 GPA standard, verified by a copy of the student's high school transcript.
- The student has scored in the 90th percentile or above composite score on his or her most recent standardized test (ACT, SAT, PSAT, MAP, IBTS, or EXPLORE), verified by copy of the official test report.