Loyola University > School of Education > Admission > Apply > Online - Superintendent Endorsement Certificate (Chicago)
Online - Superintendent Endorsement Certificate (Chicago)
Application Deadline and Contacts
Spring: November 15th
- For application related questions, contact: Brittney Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org), Enrollment Advisor
- 2 years of school supervisory or administrative experience and a Type 75 General Administrative or ISBE Principal Endorsement on PEL
- Successful completion of the Superintendent Certification Exam required by ISBE
- Successful completion of 33 hours of required coursework at Loyola University Chicago
- Successful completion of two (2) District-Level Internship courses with CEP Superintendent
- Submission of Transcripts are required
- Persons seeking state licensure must be US citizens, permanent residents or have a resident alien
- A Completed Application Form
You may submit your application form online
- Official Transcripts:
Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned bachelor's degree or a bachelor’s degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record. Transcripts must show a GPA of at least a 3.0.
In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted. Each program area gives meaningful consideration to the applicant's graduate GPA, recommendations, professional experience and reasons for pursuing a graduate program, as well as to the diversity of the student body.
- Personal Statement
Your statement should be 1-3 pages, and your should describe your:
- Academic and research interests, as well as your professional goals
- Life experiences that have influenced your view of social justice
- One Letter of Recommendation
If you supply your recommender's email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters will be submitted directly through the online application system.
We ask that you submit only one letter, no more, no less. One letter should be from your current principal or supervisor.
A current resume that highlights at least two years of work experience relevant to your professional goals and indicates a current teaching position.
- Teacher or Administrative Licensure