10/26/18: Research Strategies Faculty Panel
Panel on Research Strategies for Junior Faculty Members
Friday, October 26, 2018
Panel discussion: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
McCormick Lounge (Coffey Hall)
Lunch and discussion to follow in the dining room of Piper Hall
The purpose of this panel is to learn from successful women faculty about what has worked—and not worked—in the research strategies they have developed on their path to becoming productive researchers across a range of disciplines and methodologies. As research is strengthened by considering work beyond both the substantive and methodological boundaries of one’s own discipline, the goal of the panel is for every participant to take away new approaches and questions to ask about which research strategies they undertake in their own work. After the panel discussion, please join us for lunch in the dining room of Piper Hall.
Topics discussed may include:
- Planning for the future: 5 year, academic year, semester, week
- Project management strategies
- Writing practices (e.g., write every day or no?)
- Whether and when to collaborate with other scholars (and in what ways)
- Whether and when to incorporate undergraduate and graduate students as research assistants and collaborators
- Whether and when to apply for funding
- Badia Ahad, Associate Professor, Department of English; Director, University Core Curriculum
- Noni Gaylord-Harden, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology; Director of the Parents and Children Coping Together (PACCT) Lab
- Leanne Kallemeyn, Associate Professor and Program Chair (Research Methodology), School of Education
- Sue Penckofer, Associate Dean, Graduate School; Distinguished University Research Professor, School of Nursing
- Tracy Pintchman, Professor, Department of Theology; Director, Global and International Studies Program
- Catherine Putonti, Associate Professor, Departments of Biology, Computer Science, Microbiology, and Immunology; Bioinformatics Program Director
RSVP to Dana Garbarski at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2018.