WISER Application – Summer 2023
Undergraduate students currently holding Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior status at Loyola University Chicago, regardless of the amount of experience conducting scientific research, are welcome to apply. However, this program is designed for and strongly prefers students not seeking to attend medical, dental, or veterinary school.
Click here for faculty proposals for Summer 2023 and read all projects available to students for the upcoming summer.
Review all the faculty proposals and choose two that interest you the most. After you have made your choices, create a document that addresses the following points and submit it by March 1, 2023, to https://webapps2.luc.edu/lurop/login/login.
- Write a brief (one paragraph) autobiography.
- Which two faculty projects are most appealing to you? Why?
- Have you conducted research in a lab before? If so, briefly explain the project.
- What are your greatest strengths as a student?
- What are your greatest weaknesses as a student?
- If you have already declared a major, tell us what your major is and why you chose it. If you have not yet declared a major, tell us which fields you are considering and what factors could play a role in your final decision.
- If you could beam yourself into the future, what do you see your career and/or life being like 10 years from now?
- Is there any additional information about yourself that you would like us to consider?
Anne Grauer, PhD
Department of Anthropology
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership
Loyola University Chicago is an equal opportunity educator and employer.