We know you’re busy, so we’ll be brief. We've created the following short steps to help you get to know us. And in the process, we'll ease your navigation of the application process at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Explore One of the country's top legal centers
Chicago is home to many of the nation’s top trial and transactional lawyers. You'll want to investigate the externships and clinics which emphasize our commitment to public service and social justice. You'll see how our approach will help you become the ethical, practice-ready attorney expected by today's leading law firms.
And we'll encourage you to use your knowledge to help others. Our students make a difference in culturally and economically diverse areas across the city, throughout the country, and around the world.
Our programs are designed to meet your needs. In addition to our full-time JD degree, we offer a weekend JD to fit your professional schedule. Whether you choose our full-time or weekend program, you'll benefit from:
- Opportunities for specialization
- Integration of academic rigor and practical experience
- Our distinguished faculty
Visit Welcome to the neighborhood
Get a firsthand look
Our location in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile places you at the hub of the city and its opportunities. See for yourself. Our virtual programs will tell you a great deal about who we are and what we value. We hope you'll take the time to:
- Take a virtual photo tour of the Corboy Law Center
- Meet a member of the JD Admission Team at an information session
- Learn more about the different offices and programs during our Fall Series: Road to Loyola
And, just in case you can't make it to one of our virtual programs, we'll bring our story to you. Check our schedule to see if we’ll be at a virtual event in your area.
ApplyLook to the LSAC
Help us get to know you
Let's break the process down to a few initial steps. If you haven't done so already, create your account at LSAC. Use this account to:
- Register for the LSAT
- Review important dates and deadlines
- Sign up for their Credential Assembly Service (CAS)
- Complete your JD application
- Submit your academic transcript, letter(s) of recommendation and other required documentation
Get all the details about what and how to submit a completed application file.
Check Your StatusAfter you apply
Visit your Status Page
Once we receive your application, we'll send you a confirmation email that includes a special login for the application status page. We'll review your application and let you know if anything is missing. And we'll keep you updated on your admission process from application through acceptance.
Pay For Your Education Invest in your future
Our graduates are proof of our value
Law school is a substantial investment. At Loyola University Chicago School of Law, we will do everything we can to help you secure financial support for your legal education. Explore these potential sources of financial assistance.
- Merit scholarships (automatically reviewed with your application)
- Fellowships (require deadline-sensitive special application)
- Specialized scholarships (require deadline-sensitive special application)
- Outside Scholarships
- Federal loans
For more information, check out our Types of Aid and Resources page.