Become a NSP Student Leader
New Student Programs is supported by outstanding student leaders who serve as Orientation Leaders (OLs) and UNIV Peer Advisors (PAs). Read more about these paid positions below.
The hiring cycle for the 2024-2025 academic year is NOW OPEN!
Application and position descriptions can be found on Handshake by searching the respective posting #s below:
- 2024 New Peer Advisors: #8432108
- 2024 New Orientation Leaders: #8444361
Applications open Thursday, December at 6PM and will close Wednesday, January 24, at 11:59PM.
Please note you will need to submit a resume and responses to several questions to be considered for the position.
2024-2025 Projected Hiring Timeline (Subject to change)
- December 7, 2023: Info Session #1 (see below for details)
- December 7, 2023: Applications on Handshake OPEN at 6PM
- January 23, 2023: Info Session #2 (see below for details)
- January 24, 2023: Applications CLOSE at 11:55PM in Handshake (late applications may not be considered)
- Late January/Early February: Group Interviews
- Mid/Late February: Individual Finalist Interviews
- Late February/Early March: Offers and No Hire Notifications
Attend one of our upcoming information sessions for more information (not required by strongly encouraged).
- December 7, 2023 5-5:30PM, Galvin Auditorium
- January 23, 2024, 5-5:30PM, Galvin Auditorium
For any additional questions or inquiries regarding the roles, please see below and contact the respective email addresses.
ORIENTATION LEADER ROLE (Orientation@luc.edu)
Orientation Leaders (OLs) serve as student ambassadors for Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO). OLs are instrumental in assisting first-year and transfer students and their families during this important time of transition to academic and student life at Loyola. The OL position is a paid position that provides free housing, and ongoing leadership development.
PEER ADVISOR ROLE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Peer Advisors (PAs) serve as a resource and mentor for all first-year students enrolled in UNIV 101 and 201. PAs co-teach the UNIV class with a University faculty or staff member, and are available to students inside and outside the classroom as they transition to academic and student life at Loyola. The PA position is a paid position and includes ongoing leadership development opportunities. Confirmed hires will receive priority registration for Fall 2024 courses.