The physics faculty regularly publish new findings from their scientific research in peer-reviewed publications and receive patents for novel ideas. This scholarly work often involves valuable contributions from undergraduates. The underlined names indicate undergraduate authors.
- Inter-relations between additive shape invariant superpotentials. J.V. Mallow, A. Gangopadhyaya, J. Bougie, and C. Rasinariu, Physics Letters A, 384 (2020) 126129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2019.126129
- Dodelson-Widrow Mechanism In the Presence of Self-Interacting Neutrinos. André de Gouvêa, Manibrata Sen, Walter Tangarife, and Yue Zhang. Physics Review Letters. 124, 081802 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.124.081802
- Singlet-Doublet Dirac Dark Matter and Neutrino Masses. Diego Restrepo, Andres Rivera, and Walter Tangarife. Physics Review D. 100, 035029 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevD.100.035029
- Leveille, MP, Tran T, Dingillo G, and Cannon B. Detection of Mg2+-dependent, coaxial stacking rearrangements in a bulged three-way DNA junction by single-molecule FRET. Biophysical Chemistry. 2019 Feb;245:25-33. DOI: 10.1016/j.bpc.2018.12.001
- Diamond Broad Band Mirror System and Method, Ernest Schirmann, Priya Raman, Adam Khan and Robert Polak, US Patent 10422928 (Filed February 8, 2018; Issued September 24, 2019).
- Multilayer Diamond Display System and Method, Adam Khan, Robert Polak and Priya Raman, US Patent 10224514 (Filed December 4, 2017; Issued March 5, 2019).
- Diamond Coated Antireflective Window System and Method, Adam Khan and Robert Polak, US Patent 10254445 (Filed March 1, 2017; Issued April 9, 2019).
- Emergence of Benford’s Law in Music. A. Khosravani and C. Rasinariu, Journal of Mathematical Sciences: Advances and Applications, Vol. 54, 11-24, (2018); http://scientificadvances.co.in
- Building Confidence in the Dirac d-function. A. Gangopadhyaya and C. Rasinariu, European Journal of Physics, Vol. 39, No. 6, 065402, (2018); https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6404/aaddcd
- The supersymmetric WKB formalism is not exact for all additive shape invariant potentials. J. Bougie, A. Gangopadhyaya, and C. Rasinariu, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical (2018); https://doi.org/10.1088/1751-8121/aad3db
- Mario Kart 8: A Case Study in Total Internal Reflection. R. D. Polak, V. Acuesta, J. Cirone, M. B. Conway, J. Summers and L. Tinawi, The Physics Teacher, 56, 566-567 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1119/1.5064578
- Determining Young's Modulus by Measuring Guitar String Frequency. R. D Polak, A.D.V. Davenport, A. Fischer and J. Rafferty, The Physics Teacher, 56, 122 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1119/1.5021447
- Mitchell ML, Leveille MP, Solecki RS, Tran T, and Cannon B. Sequence-Dependent Effects of Monovalent Cations on the Structural Dynamics of Trinucleotide-Repeat DNA Hairpins. Journal of Physical Chem. B. 2018 Dec 20;122(50):11841-11851. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.8b07994
- Accretion of Dissipative Dark Matter onto Active Galactic Nuclei. Nadav Joseph Outmazgine, Oren Slone, Walter Tangarife, Lorenzo Ubaldi, and Tomer Volansky. Journal of High Energy Physics. (2018) 005. https://doi.org/10.1007/JHEP11(2018)005
- The Nanobiophotonics of Gold Nanoparticles and Allium cepa, and Its Symbiotic Effect on Escherichia coli. Moses, Sherita; Butler, Nassim Youssef; Zavala, Daniela; and Jaradat, Salahaldean. Journal of Bionanoscience, Volume 12, Number 3, June 2018, pp. 442-445(4). https://doi.org/10.1166/jbns.2018.1546
- Tran T and Cannon B. Differential effects of strand asymmetry on the energetics and structural flexibility of DNA internal loops. Biochemistry. 2017. Dec 12;56(49):6448-6459. DOI: 10.1021/acs.biochem.7b00930
- A practical lesson in polarization optics: Creating a 3D image using a liquid crystal cell, R. D Polak, A. Kumar and M. Schmidt. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals. 646, 132-141 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1080/15421406.2017.1285101
- Easily Accessible Experiments Demonstrating Interference. R. D. Polak, N. Fudala, J. T. Rothchild, S. E. Weiss and M. Zelek, The Physics Teacher 54, 120 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1119/1.4940181
- Universal Stylus, Rick Latella, Robert D. Polak, Edward Varty and Joseph Cecela, US Patent 9471158 (Filed June 5, 2013; Issued October 18, 2016).
- An Optics Laboratory Module on Image Formation, Aberrations, and Lens Design. R. D. Polak and Nicholas M. Pflederer, Proceedings for Conference of Laboratory Instruction Beyond the First Year of College II, 84-87 (2015). https://advlabs.aapt.org/items/detail.cfm?ID=13813
- Cannon B, Kachroo AH, Jarmoskaite I, Jayaram M, Russell R. Hexapeptides That Inhibit Processing of Branched DNA Structures Induce a Dynamic Ensemble of Holliday Junction Conformations. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2015. Sep 11;290(37):22734-46. DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M115.663930
- Low-Cost Student Experiments in Optics, R. Polak, AJ Cua, DJ Perez, MQ Robertson, JA Stuck, and JM Thomas, The Physics Teacher 52, 442-443 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1119/1.4895370
- Pan C, Potratz JP, Cannon B, Simpson Z, Ziehr JL, Tijerina P and Russell R. Passive disruption of RNA tertiary structure by a DEAD-box chaperone protein. PLoS Biology. 2014 Oct 28;12(10). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.1001981