Careers in Physics and REUs
- The Loyola University Chicago Career Center offer career advising and job postings .Students can schedule career counseling and search job listings by logging into their Handshake portal.
- The American Institute of Physics has compiled a list of employers that have hired recent graduates with B.S. in Physics in Illinois and throughout the United States.
- Physics Today provides a specialized online job site for students to search for graduate school, internships, REUs, and career opportunities.
- The Department strongly encourages students to pursue summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs). These are summer research programs sponsored by other universities that offer 8 to 10-week research experiences in physics and other STEM fields. These programs give students excellent opportunities to become deeply involved in physics research and expand their professional network. Physics students from Loyola have frequently participated in these programs. They are generally paid and provide housing for the summer. The National Science Foundation sponsors many of the programs, and you can view avaiable REUs for the summer at the following sites:
- Many national labs, including Argonne National Lab and Fermi National Lab in the Chicago area as well as NASA and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), offer summer research and internship programs for undergraduates. LUC Physics students have been involved in these programs.