Join Our Team
The Department of Residence life employs a variety of students to serve many important functions in our department. Our student services positions aid in the department’s mission to enhance the Loyola Experience for all students and community members who interact with our Residence Halls. Please see the information below regarding individual positions, position descriptions and application instructions.
Application Launches on December 1st 2022!
Resident Assistants are primarily responsible for community building and support in the residence halls. The Resident Assistant (RA) role is a unique leadership opportunity for students to meaningfully contribute to the residential community at Loyola University Chicago. In their work, RAs serve as resources, community builders, administrators, role models, and peer educators with our residents. As members of a residence hall team, RAs work collaboratively with departmental staff to create a vital and engaged living-learning community. Together, the hall team provides programs and services that support the mission, vision and values of the Department of Residence Life. With the goal of creating transformative living environments in the residence halls, RAs are responsible for building and facilitating a positive and effective community.
Resident Assistant Role Description
Being a Resident Assistant is an opportunity to build a welcoming and safe community while making connections with and for residents living on campus. You will develop skills around communication, organization, and creativity in this amazing leadership position that can apply to any career path you are on!
Chicago Resident Assistants are provided a residence hall assignment for the duration of their appointment, a meal plan, a stipend at the end of each semester, and priority class registration.
View the full Chicago Resident Assistant Role Description 2023-2024
JFRC Resident Assistants are provided a residence hall assignment for the duration of their appointment, a meal plan, and a stipend at the end of their semester appointment.
To access the application:
- Go to your LOCUS homepage
- Select "Student External Systems"
- Select Residence Life and navigate to either the Chicago RA Application, JFRC RA Application, or Returner RA Application (for current RAs only).
- You are welcome to apply to both the Chicago and JFRC RA positions but will need to submit both applications.
- Complete and submit application no later than Saturday, January 21st at 12:00pm
- Applications due Saturday, January 21st, 2023 at 12:00pm
- Applications will receive notification regarding their status in the process by Wednesday, January 25th, 2023.
- Interviews will be held the following week, January 31-February 3, 2023.
Resident Assistant Information Sessions
Information sessions are not mandatory but are a great opportunity to speak with current RAs and Assistant Resident Directors/Resident Directors! We will provide information about the position, application/interview process, and provide space for questions to the RAs or pro staff!
- Monday, November 28th: 6-7pm (Virtual, Zoom Link)
- Thursday, December 8th: 5:30-6:30pm (Lake Shore Campus, Regis Hall Multipurpose Room)
Wednesday, December 14th : 2-3pm (Virtual, Zoom Link)
Tuesday, December 20th: 11am-12pm (Virtual, Zoom Link)
Tuesday, January 17th: 7-8pm (Water Tower Campus, Corboy Law Center 0105)
Watch an infomation session here Resident Assistant Position - Information Session
Resident Assistant Stories
If you currently live on campus, we encourage you to reach out to your Resident Assistant to ask about their experience as an RA! We have also have stories from some of our current RAs below!
Student Support Services
Hiring for our 2022-2023 Student Support Services Positions is currently closed. Dates and information will be updated soon for hiring in Spring 2023.
To access the common application:
Go to Handshake
- Create a Handshake Account
- Review each position description
- Apply at external link on Handshake by completing the application (able to apply for multiple positions in same application)
Complete and submit application no later than March 28th at 5pm
Dates will be updated soon for Spring 2023. This hiring process usually takes place in March.
- Applications due March 28th, 2022 at 5pm
- Applicant will receive notification regarding their status in the process by Wednesday, March 30th
- Interviews will be held in early April
If you have questions while filling out the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.