This page links to a several Chicago-based organizations that center and serve often marginalized groups. Many have volunteer opportunities, events, and most do accept donations. The WSGS program encourages you to participate however you can.
For ease of navigation, we have categorized these organizations based on the biggest emphases on their "about us" pages.
These organizations emphasized several areas of work.
- 20 Black-Led Chicago Groups
- Access Living
- American Indian Center
- Arab American Action Network
- Brave Space Alliance
- Center on Halsted
- Chicago American Indian Community Collaborative
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- Corazón Community Services
- Equip for Equality
- Latinos Progresando
- My Block My Hood My City
- Women Employed
Education and History
- American Indian Association of Illinois
- Chicago Freedom School
- Chicago Women's History Center
- Gerber/Hart Library and Archives
- Girl Forward
To suggest additional local community organizations, please email email@example.com.