INTERMITTENT TRIPSHOT OUTAGES HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED 12/3/2023 BETWEEN 2 AM and 2:15 AM IN ORDER TO COMPLETE AN UPGRADE. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BOOK AN 8RIDE DURING THIS TIME, PLEASE CALL 773-508-7433.
Loyola University Chicago seeks to provide efficient, convenient, and safe transportation options for students, staff and visitors. The urban setting of the Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses provide a wealth of transit options including train, bus, bicycle, pedestrian, and car. While the University meets all parking requirements mandated by the City of Chicago, due to our urban location, there can be limited access to convenient parking locations. Loyola encourages the reduction of single occupancy vehicle trips to campus through alternative transportation modes such as; public transit, Metra, Pace, and ride sharing. Additionally we encourage healthy commuting options like walking and bicycling. Increased use of alternative commuting options improves the quality of life on campus, strengthens our ties to our neighboring community, and reduces impacts on the environment.
TIPS FOR EXITING THE MAIN PARKING STRUCTURE DURING PEAK TIMES
- Consider leaving the garage at non-peak times. Peak exiting times are immediately after classes end and throughout evening rush hour from 4pm to 6pm.
- Pay for daily tickets before you exit. If you are paying for a daily parking ticket we recommend you use one of the pay on foot machines located in the elevator lobbies or in the Campus Transportation office located at the southeast corner of the 1st Floor of the garage before getting to the exit.
- Use both exit lanes when exiting the garage. If one exit has a vehicle in it, but the other does not, go to the vacant exit lane.
- Wait for the gate to close in front of your vehicle before inserting a ticket or scanning either a QR Code or a Campus Card with an active parking permit. Attempting to insert a ticket or scan while the gate is open will break the machine, causing further delays.
- Consider going straight or left at the light. Vehicles that are wanting to go north on Sheridan Road or west on Devon Avenue can go south down Winthrop Avenue and come back around by making a left onto Rosemont Avenue and another left onto Sheridan Road or by making a right on Granville Avenue and another right onto Broadway Avenue instead of waiting in the right turn lane on Campus Road.
- Be patient and considerate with other drivers and pedestrians. Remember that everyone wants to get home safely.
PARKING RATE INCREASE
The Daily Lot Upkeep fee charged at the garages will increase to $8.00 per entry on August 1, 2023.
The Lost Ticket fee will increase to $16.00 on August 1, 2023.
The Overnight parking fee charged for parking in the North End Lot will increase to $8.00 per night on August 1, 2023.
The Validation fee for each validation will increase to $8.00 per vehicle on August 1, 2023.