Commuter Student parking permits for Spring 2021 will become available on 12/07/2020.
Current Loyola students enrolled in classes can apply for a commuter parking permit. Commuter permits are for parking on the Lake Shore Campus only (please scroll down for designated commuter lots). Commuter permits do NOT include overnight parking at any time. All commuter lots are closed from 2am to 5am daily.
You must be registered for classes in order to apply for a parking permit. We strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible, as permits are limited and awarded on a first come, first served basis. Please scroll down for instructions on how to Apply for a Permit or Add/Remove a Vehicle. Please be advised, students with two or more outstanding vehicle violations on their account are not eligible for a Loyola parking permit- such applications will be waitlisted until all fines have been paid.
Please note that having a permit does not guarantee a parking spot. All parking is on a first come, first served basis.
Permit Types and Fees
Commuter Permit Fees
|Commuter Fall (08/24/2020 - 11/20/2020)||$138.00||Unavailable|
|Commuter Fall Permit Extension (11/23/2020 - 12/31/2020)||$60.00||Unavailable|
|Commuter Spring Permit (01/01/2021 - 06/30/2021)||$285.00||Available starting 12/07/2020|
|LSC Daily Parking Rate||$7.00||Available daily by pulling at ticket at the Main and Fordham Garage upon entry|
All parking rates and fees include all applicable taxes.
Commuter Permit Lots
Commuter permit holders may utilize only the following lots and garages:
- Main Parking Structure (1110 W Sheridan Rd)
- Please note that the Main Parking Structure typically fills up by 10 a.m. during the school year. If you arrive on campus later in the day we recommend you go directly to the Fordham Garage.
- Fordham Garage (6455 N Sheridan Rd)
- West Loyola Lot (1236 W Loyola Ave)
Please click below for a map of these lots:
How to Apply for a Permit
- Click on this link: transportation.luc.edu
- Log in using your Loyola username and password. The system will only allow you to log in if you are registered for classes. Please allow 24-48 hours after registration for your username to be recognized by the system.
- In the "Permits" section, click on "Order a Permit".
- Read - and agree to - the Terms of Service.
- Select the permit you wish to apply for. If the permit you wanted is sold out, click on "Join Waiting List".
- Enter your vehicle information. You may select from your previously listed vehicles, or click on "Add a vehicle not listed" to add a new one. You can have up to three vehicles registered for a commuter parking permit.
- Skip past the Delivery Option, Shipping Address, and Comments sections by clicking the "Next" button. These fields are not needed for student permits.
- Click "Add permit to cart".
- Click "Complete Checkout" on the next page. No payment is required during application- the permit fee will be billed to your student account in LOCUS.
- An auto-generated receipt will be sent to your LUC email once your application has been successfully submitted.
- Once we have processed your application, a confirmation email will be sent to your LUC email with the details of your permit. Applications are processed during normal business hours, M-F 9am-5pm. Please allow up to 1 business day to process. Applications are not processed on weekends or holidays.
- You must pick up your permit sticker at the Campus Transportation Office before the second week of classes. (Please note: we do not issue stickers for summer permits. No pick up is necessary).
If you have been waitlisted, the Campus Transportation office will notify you if a spot becomes available. You can check your position on the waitlist at any time by going to transportation.luc.edu
How to Add or Remove a Vehicle from Your Permit
- Click on this link and login with your Loyola username and password.
- In the "Permits" section, click on your permit.
- Select the "Vehicle Change Requests" tab.
- First, select the "Add" tab to add any new vehicle(s). For any additions, the license plate number is needed. You may have up to three vehicles on the permit. You do not need a permit sticker for each vehicle, only your primary vehicle that you drive most often to campus. If your primary vehicle is changing, please stop by our office to get a new sticker.
- Next, select the "Remove" tab to remove any vehicle(s) that are no longer needed. You must always have at least one vehicle linked to your permit. The system will not allow you to remove a vehicle if it is the only vehicle you have listed, so be sure to add any new vehicle(s) before you attempt to remove one.
- If you are changing information about a vehicle (e.g. plates), you will still need to add the vehicle as though it is new, then remove the outdated one.
- Vehicle change requests are processed during normal business hours, M-F 9am-5pm. Please allow up to 1 business day to process. Requests are not processed on weekends or holidays.