Accidents and Breakdowns
If you are involved in an accident while using a university vehicle from Transportation Services, use these guidelines to make the incident as easy as possible.
Do not move the vehicle unless the investigating officer gives you permission.
Call appropriate law enforcement authorities—911.
This includes the highway patrol, police, sheriff, or other authority. No one should leave the accident scene until released by police authorities. Be sure to obtain the name and badge number of the officer.
Obtain medical assistance for anyone injured.
Do not render first aid unless you are trained.
Exchange information with other driver(s).
- Driver name, address, city, state, zip, phone number
- Driver's license number and date of birth
- License plate number, state, and year
- Make, model, year, and color of other vehicle
Determine if the vehicle is safe to drive
- If you vehicle is not driveable call Ford Roadside Assistance 1-800-241-3673
- If your vehicle is safe to drive, continue your trip.
Once you are safely back on campus inform the following departments:
- Campus Police—773.508.6039
- Campus Transportation—773.508.7036, Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please make sure to explain that you are calling concerning a "Loyola Rental Van".
If you experience mechanical problems while using a university vehicle from Transportation Services, please take the vehicle off the road and to a safe location if possible.
For Roadside Assistance call 1-800-241-3673 (cards are located inside the glovebox of each van)
Services covered Under Ford Roadside Assistance (*indicates a limited service, please see card in glove box for details):
- Flat Tires
- Dead Batteries
- Lock Outs
- Fuel Delivery*
- Winch Out*
If vehicle can be driven safely, continue your trip as planned and inform Campus Transportation at (773)508-7036.