All students will be able to register and schedule their own 8 Ride reservations, receive estimated arrival times and track vehicle locations by downloading the TripShot App to their smartphone.
To begin using the reservations portal or to download the TripShot App, please follow the registration instructions:
1. For the smartphone App Visit:
- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tripshot/id1007192056 (Apple iTunes Connect Store)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripshot.rider (Google Play Store)
2. Type in "LUC" as your service name and click "Next"
3. Click on "Log in with Loyola"
4. Enter your LUC email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Email" field and click "Next"
5. Enter your Loyola UVID (example: campustransportation) and password and click "Login"
6. You may be required to authenticate using MFA
7. You are now ready to book a ride
The 8 Ride reservations line is still available at 8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus and can also be used to answer any questions about the registration process.
Our goal is provide prompt, safe, and quality service.
8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Due to limited capacity, please give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20–30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is NOT acceptable.
- Masks must be worn to board your 8-RIDE van.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking or vaping inside 8-RIDE vans is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
- North—Touhy Avenue
- West—Clark Street
- South—Thorndale Avenue
- East—Lake Michigan
These boundaries have been set to best serve the Loyola Community at large. 8-RIDE drivers will not pick-up or drop-off outside these boundaries.
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: 6:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m.
(Last call taken at 12:45 a.m.)
7 Days a Week (when service is in session)
Late night pick-ups at the Southeast lobby of Cuneo Hall between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m.
The first scheduled pick up will take place at 10 p.m. and depart every half hour with the last departure at 1 a.m. The vans will drop off passengers within the boundaries of the 8-RIDE service.
Cuneo Departure Schedule 7 Days a Week
8-RIDE service will run during the Fall 2020 semester with reduced capacity and enhanced cleaning. Masks must be worn to board 8-RIDE.
Book a ride by calling 8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus
Please keep in mind that 8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather.Due to limited capacity please give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20-30 minutes to schedule your pick up.