All students will be able to register and schedule their own 8 Ride reservations, receive estimated arrival times and track vehicle locations by downloading the TripShot App to their smartphone.
To begin using the reservations portal or to download the TripShot App, please follow the registration instructions:
1. For the smartphone App Visit:
- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tripshot/id1007192056 (Apple iTunes Connect Store)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripshot.rider (Google Play Store)
2. Type in "LUC" as your service name and click "Next"
3. Click on "Log in with Loyola"
4. Enter your LUC email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Email" field and click "Next"
5. Enter your Loyola UVID (example: campustransportation) and password and click "Login"
6. You may be required to authenticate using MFA
7. You are now ready to book a ride
The 8 Ride reservations line is still available at 773.508.7433 and can also be used to answer any questions about the registration process. Extension 8.7433 can be used if calling from a university phone line.
Our goal is provide safe and quality service.
8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Due to limited capacity, please give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20–30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- Starting the week of Septmeber 13, 2021, passengers must show their Loyola Health App to board the intercampus shuttle. Only passengers with green and yellow moving bars will be allowed to board the intercampus shuttle. To learn more about the Loyola Health App system click here.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Pick-up and drop-off at bars and liquor stores is prohibited.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking or vaping inside 8-RIDE vans is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
- North—Touhy Avenue
- West—Clark Street
- South—Thorndale Avenue
- East—Lake Michigan
These boundaries have been set to best serve the Loyola Community at large. 8-RIDE drivers will not pick-up or drop-off outside these boundaries.
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: 6:30 p.m.–4:00 a.m.
(Last call taken at 3:45 a.m.)
7 Days a Week (when service is in session)
Late night pick-ups at the Southeast lobby of Cuneo Hall between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. Use your LUC ID to access the lobby.
The first scheduled pick up will take place at 10 p.m. and depart every half hour with the last departure at 4 a.m. The vans will drop off passengers within the boundaries of the 8-RIDE service.
Cuneo Departure Schedule 7 Days a Week
|1:00 a.m.||1:30 a.m.||2:00 a.m.||2:30 a.m.|
Book a ride by calling 773.508.7433. Extension 8.7433 can be used if calling from a university phone line. You can also use the TripShot app to book a ride. Campus Transportation recommends logging out and logging back in at least once a semester for the optimum TripShot experience.
Please keep in mind that 8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Due to limited capacity please give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20-30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
The last night of 8-RIDE service for the Fall 2022 semester will be Saturday, December 17th. 8-RIDE service will resume for the Spring 2023 semester on Sunday, January 15th.