All students will be able to register and schedule their own 8 Ride reservations, receive estimated arrival times and track vehicle locations using the new 8 Ride portal from web enabled devices or by downloading the One MV App to their smartphone.
To begin using the reservations portal or to download the One MV App, please follow the registration instructions:
1. For the portal Visit:
For the smartphone App Visit:
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mv-passenger/id1177027934?mt=8 (Apple iTunes Connect Store)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mvtransit.passengerapp (Google Play Store)
2. Select "Illinois" as your state and "Loyola" as your service (this will only appear in the app, not on the online portal)
3. Click on "Go To Loyola 8-RIDE"
4. Click on "Login With One MV"
5. Click on "Create New Account"
6. Enter your LUC email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Email" field
7. Create a password for this account in the "Password" field and re-enter the password in the "Confirm" field
8. Enter your 11-digit student ID in the "Client Passenger ID" field and click on "Submit"
9. Once you’ve successfully authenticated your account you can login with your LUC email and the password you created. You can now begin making reservations.
Tips for Booking Reservations on 8-RIDE Mobile
All pick-up and drop-off addresses must be entered in one of the following two formats:
1032 W Sheridan
1032 W Sheridan, Chicago, IL 60626, USA
You can add a phone number to your account by going to "Menu" and then clicking on "Settings". You will then be prompted with the option to add a 10 digit phone number for better communication.
The 8 Ride reservations line is still available at 8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus and can also be used to answer any questions about the registration process.
Our goal is provide prompt, safe, and quality service.
8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20–30 minutes to schedule your pick up.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is NOT acceptable.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students, faculty and staff only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
- 8-RIDE starts taking calls at 6:30 p.m.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
- North—Touhy Avenue
- West—Clark Street
- South—Thorndale Avenue
- East—Lake Michigan
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: Monday–Sunday 6:30 p.m.–2:30 a.m.
(Last call taken at 2:15 a.m.)
Extended Hours: Friday and Saturday 2:30 a.m.–4 a.m.
(Last call taken at 3:45 a.m.)
7 Days a Week (when service is in session)
Late night pick-ups at the Southeast lobby of Cuneo Hall between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
The first scheduled pick up will take place at 10 p.m. and depart every half hour with the last departure at 4 a.m. The vans will drop off passengers within the boundaries of the 8-RIDE service.
Cuneo Departure Schedule 7 Days a Week
|10 p.m.||10:30 p.m.||11 p.m.||11:30 p.m.||12 a.m.|
|12:30 a.m.||1 a.m.||1:30 a.m.||2 a.m.||2:30 a.m.|
|3 a.m.||3:30 a.m.||4 a.m.|
8.7433 on-campus, or 773.508.7433 off-campus
Please keep in mind that 8-RIDE is busiest during inclement weather. Be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and call ahead 20-30 minutes to schedule your pick up.