Intercampus Shuttle General Information
The last day of regular intercampus shuttle service for the Fall 2022 semester will be Friday, December 16th. Limited intercampus shuttle service will be available on Saturday, December 17th from 8am to 8pm to accomodate those taking finals. Regular intercampus shuttle service will resume for the Spring 2023 semester on Tuesday, January 17th.
The Loyola Intercampus Shuttle is a supplemental transportation service available for current Loyola University Chicago students, faculty, and staff. Service operates on weekdays only, when classes are in session during the academic year (fall/spring only). Boarding passengers must show their Loyola issued Campus Card to board the intercampus shuttle.
The shuttle stops are located at the South end of the West Quad (Lake Shore Campus) and Corboy Law Center (Water Tower Campus). At the Water Tower Campus, the line for the shuttle forms inside the east doors of the Corboy Law Center lobby.
- Shuttle buses run a continuous loop between the Lake Shore Campus (LSC) and the Water Tower Campus (WTC), arriving at approximately 20 minutes intervals, Monday through Friday, starting at 7 a.m. The final shuttle buses depart LSC and WTC at 12:10 a.m.
The shuttle also makes a trip each weeknight, Monday through Friday evening, departing the WTC at 9:05 p.m. to the Union and Ogilvie Stations.
There is no shuttle service on Saturday or Sunday.
Due to limited capacity please plan ahead and allow plenty of time to reach your destination. We suggest giving yourself an hour to get between campuses, especially during rush hour periods.
Under normal traffic conditions, travel time is less than half an hour. During peak travel periods or inclement weather, the trip may take longer.
During rush hour periods (7–9 a.m., 4–6 p.m), we strongly encourage using the CTA Red Line, CTA Bus Route 147 or CTA Bus Route 151. After 8:30 p.m. the buses run approximately every 30 minutes.
When the lines are long or do not permit boarding of the current bus, we strongly recommend use of public transportation.
Shuttle Bus Tracking
Shuttle riders can track the location of the intercampus shuttle using the TripShot App.
USE TRIPSHOT FOR TRACKING AND ALERTS
Instructions for using the TripShot Website
1. Go to luc.tripshot.com
2. Click on "Log in with Loyola"
3. Enter your LUC email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Email" field and click "Next"
4. Enter your Loyola UVID (example: campustransportation) and password and click "Login"
5. You may be required to authenticate using MFA
6. Once logged in click on "Routes" on the purple toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen
7. Then click on "Loyola Campus Shuttle" to the right of the purple toolbar and a map will appear with the buses on the route and a list of the next three departures for each stop will appear to the left of the map. Departures will update in real-time.
8. For alerts click on "Notifications" on the purple toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen
Instructions for downloading the TripShot App
1. For the smartphone App Visit:
- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tripshot/id1007192056 (Apple iTunes Connect Store)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripshot.rider (Google Play Store)
2. Type in "LUC" as your service name and click "Next"
3. Click on "Log in with Loyola"
4. Enter your LUC email address (example: email@example.com) in the "Email" field and click "Next"
5. Enter your Loyola UVID (example: campustransportation) and password and click "Login"
6. You may be required to authenticate using MFA
7. Click on Routes -> Loyola Campus Shuttle -> the little map in the upper right-hand corner of the screen for live tracking
8. Click on the drop down menu in the upper left-hand corner of the home screen -> Notifications -> Alerts for alerts about service
Loyola's Water Tower and Lake Shore Campuses are both located close to Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus and train routes, including the #147 and #151 buses, and the Red Line elevated train. To give students the full advantages of public transportation, Loyola participates in the CTA U-Pass program, which gives a student an unlimited number of rides aboard all CTA buses and trains, and eliminates the need to pay cash per ride. For more information, visit: www.luc.edu/upass. For more information about CTA service, visit: www.transitchicago.com
Medical Center Service for Nursing Students
Currently, there is no shuttle service to and from the Maywood Campus.