Title/s: Associate Professor
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences
Office #: Sullivan Center 228/Crown Center 563
External Webpage: http://jlong1.sites.luc.eduE-Commons: https://works.bepress.com/jacqueline_long/
Personal interests include food, cats and forms of mild athleticism in which I won't hurt myself too much..
A.B., Princeton University
M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Columbia University
Late Antique history & literature; Roman history & literature; women and gender in the Classical world
- "Performance: An Approach to Strengthening Interdisciplinarity in Women's Studies and Gender Studies," Ann M. Shanahan, Prudence A. Moylan, Betsy Jones Hemenway, Bren Ortega Murphy, Jacqueline Long, Susan Grossman, Hector Garcia, Mary Dominiak, PARtake: the Journal of Performance as Research 1.1.4 (2016).
- "Gender, Democracy, and the Justice of Athena's Vote to Acquit Orestes," Text and Presentation 12 (2015) 57-69.
- Claudian's in Eutropium, or, How, When, and Why to Slander a Eunuch, University of North Carolina Press, 1996.
- Barbarians and Politics at the Court of Arcadius, with Alan Cameron and a contribution by Lee Sherry, University of California Press, 1993.
- "Praise Due: Julian’s Oration Honoring Eusebia," Classics Colloquium, Department of Classics, University of Iowa, 11 April 2019.
- "What the Fires Say: Told, Untold, and Unrecognized Truths in Aeschylus’s Agamemnon," 2019 Comparative Drama Conference, Orlando, Florida, 4-6 April 2019
- Organizer, Society for Late Antiquity, "'Where does it End?' Limits on Imperial Authority in Late Antiquity," 2019 Annual Meeting, Society for Classical Studies, San Diego, California, 3-6 January 2019