Workshops & Trainings
SDMA offers a series of workshops and trainings throughout the academic year. Click on the links below to learn more.
Safe Space Training Dates
Safe Space Trainings are introductory sessions that work to assist individuals who wish to support the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual (LGBTQIA) community of Loyola University Chicago.
Fall 2021 Dates
- Tues., Sept. 28th, 6-8pm (Cuneo 218)
- Weds., Oct. 20th, 5:30-7:30pm (Cuneo 312)
- Weds., Nov. 10th, 5:30-7:30pm (Zoom)
Register at bit.ly/lucsafespace by Monday at noon the week of training session!
Share the Dream Ally Training
Share the Dream Ally Trainings are facilitated to deepen awareness and commitment to supporting undocumented students on-campus and throughout the Chicago area. Training dates:
- Wednesday, September 29th: 4:30pm - 6:00pm (in person)
- Wednesday, October 13th: 4:30pm - 6:00pm (in person)
- Wednesday, November 3rd: 4:30pm - 6:00pm (online)
Visit this link for to register: https://forms.office.com/r/w8hpgrDqcS
Social Justice Workshops
These specially curated offerings are meant to assist Loyola University Chicago students in advancing their understanding and learning of systems of power, privilege and oppression to develop the capacity and skills to build a more just and humane world. Workshops are by request only.
- Exploring Identity, Power and Oppression
- Identifying and Disrupting Microaggressions
- Unpacking Ableism
- Challenging White Supremacy Culture and Norms
- Building a Culture of Consent in Your Organization
- Developing Capacity and Skills to Move Towards Generative Conflict
- Custom presentations are available upon request 4 weeks in advance and in consultation and collaborative with SDMA staff.
Visit Social Justice Workshops to learn more about available workshops and the request process.