Resources for Members of the APIDA Community
Dear Rambler Community,
Like most of you, we in the Office of the Dean of Students are saddened and outraged by the recent increase in anti-Asian violence across the country. To our Asian, Pacific Islander, Desi American (APIDA) student community, please know you are not alone. We are here for and with you.
Please do not hesitate contact us at the Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy (CSAA) if you or someone you know needs any kind of support or assistance. We will help you directly or connect you with appropriate campus resources. Some of our campus partners include:
- The Wellness Center (mental health support and resources),
- Perspectives (HSC mental health support),
- Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs (education, community-based processing, grieving, and action),
- Campus Ministry (LSC & WTC),
- University Ministry (HSC).
It is important that we stand against racism and violence toward any group. For ways to help the APIDA community, the following are some community resources:
- Stop AAPI Hate,
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice,
- Asian Law Caucus,
- Bystander Intervention Training by Hollaback,
- Asian Human Services.
The voices of those who work toward dividing us have been loud in recent years but we as Ramblers have a long history of standing together and being people for others. We call on the entire community to join us in offering solidarity, care, and support for our APIDA Ramblers.