Excellence in Advocacy
Loyola’s strong advocacy tradition results in regional, national, and international wins in moot court, mock trial, dispute resolution, and transactional competitions. Here is a summary of recent Loyola successes:
- Corboy Fellows Nathaniel Cobbett, Andre Hunter, Abby Spradlin and Radhika Sutherland placed third at the Professor Bernie L. Segal National Criminal Law Mock Trial Competition In Vino Veritas.
- Reeny John and Shivani Rishi won the Central Regional Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition, while Shannon Bauer and Vikas Patel were named Central Regional runner-up. Both Loyola teams advanced to nationals.
- Loyola's Corboy Fellows Brian Baloun, Madeline Beck, Miya Saint-Louis and Joseph Tennial won the Tournament of Champions Mock Trial Competition held in Washington, D.C.
- Jonah Heemstra and Karin Long placed second at the National Health Law Moot Court Competition which took place in Carbondale, Illinois.
- Loyola's team of Reeny John and Shivani Rishi placed second at the Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition held in Austin, Texas.
- Corboy Fellows Ruddy Abam, Madeline Beck, Nathaniel Cobbett and Filippo Leone took first place at the William W. Daniel Mock Trial Competition held in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Sheby Kost, Prathyusha Matam and Francisca Wolfenson won the Region 8 National Moot Court Competition which took place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The team advanced to nationals.
- Loyola's Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Team of Y'Noka Bass, Kerease Epps, Arielle McPherson and Barbara Meneses advanced to nationals after placing third at the National Black Law Students Association Constance Baker Motley Midwest Regional Mock Trial Competition.
- Brittany Green and Jahnee' Hughes placed second at the National Black Law Students Association Thurgood Marshall Midwest Regional Moot Court Competition and advanced to nationals.
- Corboy Fellows Ruddy Abam, Brian Baloun and Madeline Beck won Region 9 of the Texas Young Lawyers Association National Trial Competition. The team advanced to the national competition.
- Jim Alrutz and Milea Moye of Loyola's Mediation Team took third place in the Advocacy/Client Team category of the InterNational Academy of Dispute Resolution International Mediation Tournament.
- Y'Noka Bass, Kerease Epps, Arielle McPherson and Barbara Meneses were named national champions of the National Black Law Students Association Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Competition held in Cincinnati, Ohio.
2019-2020 Advocacy Celebration