To apply to the BA/MA in Spanish, a student must:
- be a declared undergraduate Loyola Spanish major
- be a junior at Loyola, based on credit hours earned in LOCUS
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 for course work at Loyola
- have earned a 3.5 GPA in at least five completed Spanish courses at Loyola, three of which must be at the 300 level
Students should apply for admission by March 15 of their junior year by submitting:
- academic transcripts
- an academic writing sample, preferably in Spanish (5 page minimum)
- a one-page statement of purpose, in either English or Spanish
Transfer students may apply at the end of their second semester as a junior, or once they have earned credit for five Spanish classes. They should submit their Loyola transcript and any other transcripts from institutions previously attended.
The Graduate Program Director will coordinate this program, working with the Undergraduate Program Director of Majors, to advise students on their applications and to assure there is no significant overlap between courses completed at the undergraduate and those at the graduate levels.