The Department of Modern Languages and Literature offers several different BA programs. They share the following common learning outcomes:
By the end of the program, the students in the Modern Languages and Literatures Department will:
- Produce oral and written communication in world languages
- Interpret works of world literature in the contexts in which they are produced
- Practice global citizenship through intercultural experiences
- Engage with local and global civic issues inside and outside the classroom
- Integrate the Jesuit principles of service, inclusion, and self-knowledge into practice
These outcomes will be evidenced in the students’ senior capstone project (ePortfolio). Click below to learn more about each.