Faculty & Staff Directory
Dr. Wiley Feinstein
Title/s: Professor Emeritus
Specialty Area: Italian Language & Literature
Office #: CC108B
- B.A. in Italian, SUNY Stony Brook (1974)
- M.A. in Italian, UC Berkeley (1977)
- PhD. in Italian Literature, Berkeley (1982)
- 20th -century Italian literature
- Italian Jewish Studies
- Italian language pedagogy
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Book reviewer and editorial consultant :Romance Languages Annual, Italica, Italian culture
- Faculty board of the Jewish Studies Division of the American Association of Italian Studies (AAIS)
- Member, Chicago citywide faculty advisory committee on Israel and Israel studies, Jewish Federation of Chicago
- Italian Language courses 101-251
- Italian Literature in Translation (LITR 262 Italian novel in translation, LITR 260 Italian Masterpieces)
- Italian literature for majors: ITAL 312 (Dante), ITAL 319 (Italian novel), ITAL 390 (Italian culture and civilization)
Books & Edited Volumes
- The Civilization of the Holocaust in Italy: Poets, Artists, Saints, Anti-Semites Fairleigh Dickinson University Press (Associated University Presses), Cranbury New Jersey, 2004. Interview at Fairleigh Dickinson University press site.
- An African Harlequin in Milan: Marco Martinelli Performs Goldoni: Volume contains translation of plays by Martelli and Goldoni and essays. (Co-edited with Prof. Teresa Picarazzi, University of Arizona) Bordighera Press, W. Lafayette, 1997.
- Humility's Deceit: Calvino Reading Ariosto Reading Calvino. Bordighera Press, W. Lafayette, 1995.
Recent & Selected Articles
- "Mosé e il nome di Dio: La scoperta del futuro (Su Erri De Luca)”: Nuova Prosa: Quadrimestrale di narrativa. Greco Editori, 2006. pp 147-161.
- “Reinventing Harlequin in end of the Millennium Ravenna” Article in Book:
ItaliAfrica: Bridging Continents and Cultures Forum Italicum Publishing, Stony Brook N Y, 2001. Sante Matteo, editor 236-248.
- "Understanding and Not Understanding Italo Calvino and Primo Levi" Voices in Italian Americana Vol 8. No. 1, 1997, 169-181.
- Beatles in Italy on My Mind, Romance Languages Annual, 1991 (follow link)
- "Ariosto's Parodic Rewriting of Virgil in the Story of Medoro and Cloridano". South Atlantic Review , Volume 55, No. 1, 1990: 17-34 (Link to pdf file “feinsteincloridanomedoro.pdf”)
- Centro di Documentazione Ebraica Milan-based leading institution for research on Italian Jewish communities and on the Shoah in Italy. http://www.cdec.it/
- I-Italy (New York) Information of Italian American Studies with frequent reports on cultural visits to New York of leading cultural figures from Italy. http://www.i-italy.org/
- Angolo testi. Complete collection of lyrics to Italian popular songs. A-Z listing of leading artists. http://www.angolotesti.it/