Resources & External Funding Updates
Office of Research Services
The Office of Research Services (ORS) will continue to monitor the situation surrounding the COVID-19 response and the impact it has on the research community. Loyola University Chicago is committed to ensuring the well-being and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. In response to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States and abroad. For the most up to date University information regarding the activities, which will continue on campus, the University is maintaining a Coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
ORS will continue to provide proposal and grant support during this time. ORS Staff will remain available to assist the research community while observing all necessary safety precautions and government-imposed actions. Our compliance meetings will remain on schedule to ensure projects are not delayed, however as everyone’s health and well-being is the top priority, ORS will conduct these meetings via Zoom.
Additionally, our colleagues in Sponsored Program Accounting (SPA) will continue to provide their support to all, in order to ensure all sponsor requirements and all university obligations are met. They have also requested that all communication be done through phone or electronic mediums (i.e. email, skype, zoom) during this time.
ORS staff are available online and will be returning messages as quickly as possible (Contact information for ORS staff). In the event you have problems reaching someone or have a specific concern, please send an email to email@example.com . As more information and guidance becomes available, we will continue to further post updates.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact:
Researchers affiliated with the Health Sciences Division can find additional information here.
External Funding Updates
(updated as information becomes available)
Council on Government Relations (COGR):
- COGR FAQs on COVID-19 Impact on Federal Awards
- Agency Guidance Specific to Federal Award Impact: This link will provide guidance and links to information from important Federal Agencies including the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and various other agencies.
- COGR COVID-19 Agency Guidance Matrix (4/1/2020)
- Institutional Guidance: This link provides for a listing of over 50 higher education institutions and their websites and contacts pertaining to efforts relating to their COVID-19 response.
- Additional Resources: This link will provide other resources including external links to the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, Department of State Travel Advisories, etc.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB): The Office of Management and Budget has identified agency actions to relieve short term administrative, financial management and audit requirements under 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, without compromising Federal financial assistance accountability requirements.
- OMB M-20-11, Dated March 9, 2020
- OMB M-20-17, Dated March 19, 2020
- OMB M-20-18, Dated March 20, 2020
- OMB M-20-20, Dated April 9, 2020
- OMB M-20-21, Dated April 10, 2020
- OMB M-20-26, Dated June 18, 2020
- FAQs Relating to NSF’s Implementation of OMB Memorandum M-20-26 for NSF Proposers and Awardees
Huron: Agency Response to OMB Guidance
National Institutes of Health (NIH):
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19 (3/12/20)
- General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19 - NOT-OD-20-083
- OLAW Webinar: Pandemic Contingency Planning and Its Impact on Animal Care - March 19, 2020
- Flexibilities for Assured Institutions for Activities of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs) Due to COVID-19 - NOT-OD-20-088 (3/16/20)
- NIH Specific FAQs March 31, 2020
- https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-091.html (3/26/2020)
National Science Foundation (NSF):
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposers and Awardees
- Important Notice No. 146 (3/23/20)
- Guidance on NSF’s implementation of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memorandum (M-20-17) (3/23/20)
- Impacts on Existing Deadline Dates (3/20/20)
Department of Energy:
Department of Defense:
- The Department of Defense (DOD) has issued “Frequently Asked Questions for DOD Research Proposers and Awardees Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).”
Department of Justice:
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
USDA - National Institute of Food and Agriculture:
- NIFA Deadline Extensions due to COVID-19 (3/18/20)
United States Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity:
- USAMRAA’s COVID-19 FAQs (3/16/20)
Food and Drug Administration:
Department of Health and Human Services (3/14/20):
Administration for Children and Families (ACF)