HELP US HELP YOU!
Here are just a few important questions for you and your team to have answered prior to submitting your creative request form.
- What are the complete marketing objectives, strategic goals, and expectations? Before we doing anything, you'll need to share these very important job requisites with us.
- What is the overarching message? Simply put, what are the one or two things you need people to know or walk away with once they've seen the piece we create for you.
- What are the 'must haves'? Knowing specific copy points or subjects for photography are some of the things we'd like to know upfront. On the flip side, knowing from you what's flexible or optional is just as important to us.
- Who is the target audience? So who are you talking to? SBA alumni. Freshman who use the facilities at Halas Sports Center five days a week or more. The more specific you can get the better.
- What is the desired tone? Writing and design of a marketing collateral piece for a high school student considering his/her choice of four-year colleges and a PhD candidate is totally different. The piece we ultimately create should take on a different level of sophistication depending on who the target is and what's unique about them.
- What is the desired action you want recipients/viewers to make? In direct mail terms, this is called 'a call-to-action'. Do you need recipients/viewers to call a number for information on a special class offering, register online for tickets to a concert, e-mail to RSVP for an important event. Your piece should include one very specific call-to-action.
- Will this piece need to be printed or is it an electronic communication? Content Pending
- What's your total budget? Depending on your needs, your request may require enough funds to cover costs associated with design, printing, and mailing. If you don't have a Knowing a specific budget number at the start is most helpful for us. However, if you don't have something locked down, a ballpark number is sufficient in the early stage of development.
- When do you need it? Knowing true deadline upfront will allow us to know how many creative options we can provide and what our printing options should be.