Pick Up/Drop Off
Picking Up Your Rental
For instructions, and to arrange a time to pick up keys, please call the Campus Transportation office at 773.508.7036.
Pick up times are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday. The office is CLOSED all day on Saturdays and Sundays. For weekend rentals, please pick up the keys Friday before 5pm. Office hours are adjusted around University holidays. Please call early if your departure time is near an official University holiday.
The following items must be completed in order to pick up van keys.
- Drivers must have a printed reservation confirmation, must possess a current valid Loyola University Chicago identification, and a United States Drivers License at the time of vehicle pickup. (International Drivers Licenses are not accepted.)
- Drivers also must successfully complete the Defensive Driving Course in order to rent a van. A certificate of completion from the course and a confirmation e-mail of your registration must be presented to the Campus Transportation office prior to picking up keys.
- Drivers must have completed a Motor Vehicle Record Check within the past 365 days and the check must meet Loyola's driver eligibility standards found in Exhibit A of Loyola's Motor Vehicle Records and Vehicle Use Policy. Acceptable annual completion must be on file with the Campus Transportation Office.
- Please note that completion of the Motor Vehicle Record Check and Defensive Driving Course may take up to two weeks. This process cannot be expedited.
- Only approved drivers may pick up van rental keys.
In order to register for the Defensive Driving Course, please go to the following link:
To initiate the MVR process, please go to the following links:
Dropping Off Your Rental
Vehicles and keys must be returned at the end of each reservation. A key drop box is located in the lobby just to the right of the Campus Transportation office for after-hours return times.
- Not returning vehicles or keys promptly will result in a $50 fee and possible loss of rental privileges.