6526 N. Winthrop
The Joseph J. Gentile Arena in the Norville Center for Intercollegiate Athletics is Loyola's primary athletic facility and the largest event space at the Lake Shore Campus, accommodating up to 4,381 guests. This state-of-the-art arena features adjustable lighting and spotlights, video display boards, vomitory (tunnel) displays, a center ring, and versatile set-up allowing for a variety of events to be held in the venue, year round. Gentile Arena is most commonly utilized for athletic events, sports camps, galas/ special events, and large conferences.
Loyola Conference Services works in conjunction with the Student Complex Department for all external venue rentals of Gentile Arena. Due to the complexity of the space, there are strict set of policies that all users of the space must adhere to. These policies, which include the general Fan Code of Conduct, can be found HERE.
Dimensions of Gentile- main level, balcony, concourse area:
- Arena Court: 100’ X 100’
- Lower Bowl: 1,564 seats
- Upper Bowl: 2,781 seats
- Courtside: 18 seats per side, 36 seats
- Total Arena Capacity: 4,381 seats
- Concourse: average of 10’ wide; 100’ on the straights, 100’ on the turns; approximately 40 six-foot tables can be set-up
Basketball Courts/ Hoops:
- 3 courts total
- 2 run north/south (94’ x 50’)
- 1 runs east/west (94’X50’)
- 6 Hoops (4 drop down from rafters, 2 are portably installed)
- 3 courts: 18' X 9'
- 2 locker rooms; 10 lockers per room
Video Display Boards:
- See attached PDF for Gentile Video Board Specs
- No use of concession stands unless managing vendor Loyola Limited/ Ireland’s is servicing event.
Preferred Vendors for Gentile Staging, Pipe & Drape: