We invite you to apply to the Graduate School of Education as a non-degree-seeking student.
Deadline: Two weeks before the beginning of the academic term for which you are applying. See the academic calendar for term start dates.
To apply for admission as a non-degree-seeking student in the School of Education, the following documents are required from domestic applicants:
- A completed online application
- Official transcript(s) with degree posted showing a GPA of at least 3.0*
- A short statement including the course you would like to take and reason for applying as a non-degree student
*In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted.
For international applicants, the following documents are required in addition to those listed above:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- A Declaration and Certification of Finances Form (PDF)
- General* evaluations of international transcripts by an outside credentialing service. Go to https://www.ece.org for information about this service and to download an application.
* However, if planning to apply for an initial Illinois teacher certification program, you should obtain a course-by-course evaluation.
For more information about requirements for international applicants, click here.
Any application materials submitted by mail please send to:
Graduate Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
Lewis Towers, Suite 1200
820 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611