Join us as we celebrate the graduating class of Loyola University Chicago! The annual Senior Send-off encompasses various events intended to celebrate the culmination of your experience here at Loyola.
Tickets will go on sale in April. Graduating seniors, be on the lookout for an email with more information about how to purchase your tickets. Below are the events that happened in spring 2023. An updated schedule for spring 2024 will be updated here later in the academic year.
Loyola Night At the Chicago Cubs
In collaboration with Alumni Relations, celebrate Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs as they take on the San Diego Padres at Wrigley Field! Loyola Night will be a special game for Ramblers to attend, so don’t hesitate to show up and show out! Ramblers will receive a special gift for their attendance.
Date: Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 at 6:40 PM
Location: Wrigley Field 1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613
Discounted Price: $10. (450 tickets available; limit 1 ticket per LUC ID)
Chicago Architectural Boat Tour
Join your fellow class of 2023 seniors and enjoy the beautiful sights of Chicago. During this guided tour led by experts, explore historic and modern architecture while being on the Chicago River.
Date: Saturday, April 29th, 2023 at 3 PM
Boat Duration: 3:30 -5 PM
Location: Riverside Gardens on Chicago's Riverwalk at Michigan Ave, 112 E Wacker Dr, 60601
Discounted Price: $10. (250 tickets available; limit 1 ticket per LUC ID)
Senior Toast 2023
Cheers, and raise your glasses to the class of 2023! Enjoy this campus tradition to celebrate your achievements with the Loyola community. Take part in the historic Senior Walk through the green doors of Cudahy Library and a champagne toast with your fellow graduates. Graduating students will receive a commemorative champagne flute at the event and may bring one mentor as a guest.
Date: Monday, May 8, 2023, 5 PM
Location: East Quad
Discounted Price: $5 (limit 1 ticket per LUC ID, ticket includes one mentor as a guest)
All information regarding Senior Send-Off will be sent to your LUC.edu e-mail address. It is the responsibility of each registrant to maintain your LUC.edu e-mail address and to check frequently for updates and information. For questions, please contact SeniorSendoff@luc.edu.
15th Annual Legacy Celebration - Hosted by Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 10 a.m.
This celebration recognizes our first generation students, students of color and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA) students who are graduating from Loyola University Chicago's undergraduate, graduate or professional schools during the 2022-2023 academic year. Students must register to participate by April 21st. For more information, please visit the Legacy Celebration website.
Inaugural Latinx* Familia Celebration - Hosted by Division of Student Development
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 12:30 p.m.
This celebration will be a chance to highlight the accomplishments of our graduating students (undergraduate, graduate, and/or professional studies) who identify as Latinx. Students must register in order to participate. Students are encouraged to invite their family and support systems to celebrate this milestone alongside them. For more information, please visit the Latinx* Familia Celebration website.
Sankofa Celebration - Hosted by Center for Black Student Excellence
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 2:30 p.m.
The Center for Black Student Excellence is delighted to host the annual congratulatory celebration for Loyola's Black-identified graduating Class of 2023. As a tradition of the Sankofa priciples, we are reflecting on and honoring our community's past as we celebrate the future of our graduates and the entire Black Loyola community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Inaugural Asian Pacific Islander Desi American Celebration - Hosted by Division of Student Development
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 4:30 p.m.
This celebration will be a chance to highlight the accomplishments of our graduating students (undergraduate, graduate, and/or professional studies) who identify as Asian, Pacific Islander, and Desi American. Students must register in order to participate. Students are encouraged to invite friends and family to attend this event. For more information, please visit the APIDA Celebration webiste.
Graduate, Professional, and Adult Toast - Hosted by Graduate, Professional, and Adult Student Life
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Join us in celebrating our Graduate, Professional, and Adult students for a champagne toast and celebration in honor of commencement. Students may bring one guest and graduates will receive a commemorative champagne flute at the event. The toast will take place on the East Quad at Lakeshore Campus. Each graduating student must purchase one ticket for $5.00 via GPASL website. Students must register in order to participate. Students are allowed to bring 1 guest per graduating student due to limited space. For more information, please visit the Graduate, Professional, Adult Toast webiste.
GOLDen Hour - Hosted by Alumni Relations
Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join us for the GOLDen Hour (formerly Cocktails in the Clouds) at Theater on the Lake to celebrate your graduation and welcome you to the Loyola University Chicago alumni community as a Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD)!
This celebratory reception features hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine, opportunities to connect with alumni, and Lake Michigan views from Theater on the Lake. Discounted registration for graduating students is $20 per person and includes two hours of food and beverage. Register today! Please contact Alice Kovacik, Assistant Director, Alumni Relations at email@example.com with any questions.
- How do I get tickets?
- If you are an approved graduating undergraduate student, you will receive emails entailing updates on how to reserve your tickets via LUC Marketplace.
- How do I purchase my tickets?
- You will receive links to LUC Marketplace to purchase your tickets. P
- When do I pick up the tickets?
- Chicago Cubs and Architectural Boat Tour tickets will be sent virtually to your LUC.edu email address. Senior Toast will have physical tickets for you and your optional guest. Senior Toast tickets will be available to pick up on April 24-May 5, 10 AM - 4 PM in the Center for Student Engagement office, Suite 127, located in Damen Student Center.
- Can I exchange or refund my tickets?
- No, all sales are final. There will be no exceptions for exchanges or refunds.
- How do I sit with my friends for Loyola Night with the Chicago Cubs?
- If you and others are interested in being seated together, you must each put each other’s name(s) when you are purchasing tickets on Marketplace. Failure to do so will result in randomized ticket distribution with no guarantee of being seated together.
- Do I have to be a senior?
- Yes, you must be an undergraduate class of 2023 seniors to attend Senior Send-Off Programming. This includes undergraduate students graduating in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023.
- How do I get there?
- To get to Wrigley Field, You may use personal, public, or rideshare transportation to get to Wrigley Field. There are parking garages near the venue, but they may be costly and limited. You can use your U-Pass to take public transit through the CTA system. Please practice safety and precaution for your routes.
- Who is playing?
- The Chicago Cubs will be playing against the San Diego Padres
- What is the attire?
- There is no dress code for the baseball game, but attendees tend to wear attire that matches the team they are supporting. As it is Loyola Night, wearing LUC attire is highly encouraged!
- Do I have to be 21 years old to get a champagne flute?
- Yes. To consume alcoholic beverages in the United States and Illinois, you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Will there be nonalcoholic options?
- Yes. Nonalcoholic beverage options will be available.
- Can I get more than one champagne flute?
- No. Flutes are limited to one per student.
- How many tickets do I get?
- You are allotted one ticket for yourself and one additional ticket for a mentor gues
- Is this event ticketed?
- Yes, tickets are $5. Tickets will be available to pick up on April 24-May 5, 10 AM - 4 PM in the Center for Student Engagement office, Suite 127, located in Damen Student Center.
- Can I purchase tickets at the event?
- No. Tickets will not be available for purchase at any Senior Send-Off event. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time via the ticket sales webpage.