Update on Provost Search
- The “Leadership Profile for LUC Provost and Chief Academic Officer” was completed.
- Over the summer the search firm of Witt/Kiefer has been accepting nominations, searching for qualified applicants and accepting applications.
- The first Committee Meeting was held September 19, 2018. Witt/Kiefer reported that they have collected a rich and impressive pool of candidates for the Provost position.
- The committee will meet in mid-October to review each applicant and determine which candidates will be brought to Chicago for face-to-face “airport interviews”. The committee plans to whittle the candidate pool down to the top 8-10 Candidates for “airport Interviews”. Once the airport interviews are completed, the committee will recommend 3-4 finalist be brought to campus for another round of interviews.
- The on campus interviews will take place mid-November. There will be an opportunity for the Loyola faculty, students and staff to meet each of the candidates at open forums. Along with the open forums, the on-campus interviews will also include tours of each campus, and some private interviews with specific groups and individuals.
- The announcement with the exact dates and times of the candidate on-campus interviews will be posted on this site as soon the dates and times have been finalized.