Life. Love. Faith. Let's talk about it.
Agape Latte is a student-led program and community focused on engaging the Loyola community in caffeinated conversations on life, love, and faith! We host two keynote events a semester featuring a staff or faculty member sharing personal anecdotes on a particular theme, students sharing their unique talents, fun trivia, and plenty of time for Q&A with our speakers.
In person, our events consist of lots of free coffee, tea, delicious desserts, and caffeinated conversation. For Fall 2020, our events will be on Instagram Live so that we can properly social distance. However, there will still be plenty of caffeinated conversation - you'll just have to bring your own caffeine!
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: The Den OR on Instagram Live
Snacks: Coffee, tea, cake, and more!
Fall 2020 Dates
Interested in getting involved with Agape Latte? Fill out this form!
Have a speaker or musical guest you'd like to see? Fill out this form!
Have general questions? Please email Megan Lynch.
We do fun stuff on social media. Come chat with us!
Previous Speakers and Topics
- June 9, 20200 | Kristi Beltran, Orientation Graduate Intern: "Hands raised, feet planted"
- April 7, 2020 | Brody Tate, Learning Portfolio Program Manager: "The gift of mentorship"
- February 11, 2020 | Megan Sholar, Interdisciplinary Honors Program faculty: "Overcoming stereotypes and doing what scares you"
- October 29, 2019 | Omer Mozaffar, Muslim Chaplain: "Why do I do this work?"
- September 17, 2019 | Deb Schmidt-Rogers, Director of Residence Life: "Faith, doubt, and family"
- March 26, 2019 | Hannah Bloomberg, Hillel Engagement Associate: "I don't have a path, I have a direction"
- February 5, 2019 | Tim Love, Executive Director for Equity and Compliance: "Following your compass"
- November 6, 2018 | Aaron Durnbaugh, Director of Sustainability: "What are you hungry for?"
- October 16, 2018 | Keyona Castleman, First and Second Year Advising: "Are you there, God? It's me, Keyona."
- February 13, 2018 | Oliver Goodrich, Faith Formation Campus Minister: "Running into Love"
- November 14, 2017 | Eric Immel, SJ, Associate Dean for Student Success at Arrupe College: "I am not a burden"
- October 17, 2017 | Samantha Stewart, Assistant Athletic Director
- March 21, 2017 | Jermaine Pearson, Outreach Campus Minister: "Adulting 101: Using Faith to Figure It Out"
- February 21, 2017 | Dr. Jo Ann Rooney, President of Loyola University Chicago
- November 15, 2016 | Fr. Tom Regan, SJ, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences
- October 18, 2016 | Joe Saucedo, Director of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs: "Family, Roots, and Purpose"
- March 15, 2016 | Patrick Schultz, Asst. Athletics Director: "Faith as a Journey"
- February 16, 2016 | Natasha & K.C. Mmeje, Asst. Director of Wellness Center and Dean of Students: "Love, Commitment, and Faith"
- November 16, 2015 | Lauren Schwer, Assoc. Director of Campus Ministry: "What's Your Cannonball?"
- October 20, 2015 | Don Heider, Dean, School of Communication: "Doubt and Faith"