Life. Love. Faith. Let's talk about it.
Agape Latte is a student-led program focused on engaging the Loyola community in caffeinated conversations on life, love, and faith! We host two keynote events a semester – featuring a staff or faculty speaker, Q&A with them, unique talents shared by students, trivia, and more. Coffee, tea, and lots of snacks are provided to keep these caffeinated conversations lively!
Stay connected to caffeinated conversation throughout the semester by following us on Instagram!
The Agape Latte leadership team is a commnity of students who work collaboratively and intentionally to execute keynote events that reflect the program's focus on life, love, and faith. The team is split into three committees that contribute in specialized ways towards this mission: Communications, Entertainment, and Formation. Each committee is led by one or two Baristas, peer leaders who have chosen to dedicate an additional level of service to the program. The events are sponsored by Campus Ministry, and the Campus Minister acts as a facilitator and auxiliary member to support and guide the student leadership team.
if you are interested in getting involved with the leadership team, email Claire Soupene for more information
Previous Speakers and Topics
- November 10, 2020 | Aminatu Rubango, Business Career Services Associate Director: "Holistic self care practices"
- September 29, 2020 | Robin Berman, Senior Health Educator and Advocacy Coordinator: "Celebrating interfaith holidays"
- June 9, 2020 | Kristi Beltran, Orientation Graduate Intern: "Hands raised, feet planted"
- April 7, 2020 | Brody Tate, Learning Portfolio Program Manager: "The gift of mentorship"
- February 11, 2020 | Megan Sholar, Interdisciplinary Honors Program faculty: "Overcoming stereotypes and doing what scares you"
- October 29, 2019 | Omer Mozaffar, Muslim Chaplain: "Why do I do this work?"
- September 17, 2019 | Deb Schmidt-Rogers, Director of Residence Life: "Faith, doubt, and family"
- March 26, 2019 | Hannah Bloomberg, Hillel Engagement Associate: "I don't have a path, I have a direction"
- February 5, 2019 | Tim Love, Executive Director for Equity and Compliance: "Following your compass"
- November 6, 2018 | Aaron Durnbaugh, Director of Sustainability: "What are you hungry for?"
- October 16, 2018 | Keyona Castleman, First and Second Year Advising: "Are you there, God? It's me, Keyona."
- February 13, 2018 | Oliver Goodrich, Faith Formation Campus Minister: "Running into Love"
- November 14, 2017 | Eric Immel, SJ, Associate Dean for Student Success at Arrupe College: "I am not a burden"
- October 17, 2017 | Samantha Stewart, Assistant Athletic Director
- March 21, 2017 | Jermaine Pearson, Outreach Campus Minister: "Adulting 101: Using Faith to Figure It Out"
- February 21, 2017 | Dr. Jo Ann Rooney, President of Loyola University Chicago
- November 15, 2016 | Fr. Tom Regan, SJ, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences
- October 18, 2016 | Joe Saucedo, Director of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs: "Family, Roots, and Purpose"
- March 15, 2016 | Patrick Schultz, Asst. Athletics Director: "Faith as a Journey"
- February 16, 2016 | Natasha & K.C. Mmeje, Asst. Director of Wellness Center and Dean of Students: "Love, Commitment, and Faith"
- November 16, 2015 | Lauren Schwer, Assoc. Director of Campus Ministry: "What's Your Cannonball?"
- October 20, 2015 | Don Heider, Dean, School of Communication: "Doubt and Faith"