Life. Love. Faith. Let's talk about it.
Agape Latte is both a program and a community. It is primarily student led, and the team works together to coordinate two keynote events each semester engaging with the intersection of life, love, and faith. We are an interfaith organization with our roots in Ignatian spirituality, and we aim to provide opportunities for the Loyola community to further their spiritual journey within an accessible social environment. Furthermore, we work to foster this open and thoughtful spirit amongst each other and within the greater Loyola community!
Our events consist of lots of free coffee, tea, delicious desserts, and caffeinated conversation. We invite a student to perform a talent (such as music, although we have had a comedian before!) to warm up the crowd, compete in some fun trivia, listen to our faculty or staff speaker share personal anecdotes on a particular theme, and have plenty of time for Q&A. We can't wait to see you there!
Time: 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Location: The Den
Snacks: Coffee, tea, cake, and more!
Fall 2019 Dates:
- September 17, 2019
- October 29, 2019
Interested in getting involved with Agape Latte? Fill out this form!
Have a speaker or musical guest you'd like to see? Fill out this form!
Have general questions? Please email Megan Lynch.
We do fun stuff on social media. Come chat with us!
Previous Speakers and Topics
- March 26, 2019 | Hannah Bloomberg, Hillel Engagement Associate: "I don't have a path, I have a direction"
- February 5, 2019 | Tim Love, Executive Director for Equity and Compliance: "Following your compass"
- November 6, 2018 | Aaron Durnbaugh, Director of Sustainability: "What are you hungry for?"
- October 16, 2018 | Keyona Castleman, First and Second Year Advising: "Are you there, God? It's me, Keyona."
- February 13, 2018 | Oliver Goodrich, Faith Formation Campus Minister: "Running into Love"
- November 14, 2017 | Eric Immel, SJ, Associate Dean for Student Success at Arrupe College: "I am not a burden"
- October 17, 2017 | Samantha Stewart, Assistant Athletic Director
- March 21, 2017 | Jermaine Pearson, Outreach Campus Minister: "Adulting 101: Using Faith to Figure It Out"
- February 21, 2017 | Dr. Jo Ann Rooney, President of Loyola University Chicago
- November 15, 2016 | Fr. Tom Regan, SJ, Dean of college of Arts and Sciences
- October 18, 2016 | Joe Saucedo, Director of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs: "Family, Roots, and Purpose"
- March 15, 2016 | Patrick Schultz, Asst. Athletics Director: "Faith as a Journey"
- February 16, 2016 | Natasha & K.C. Mmeje, Asst. Director of Wellness Center and Dean of Students: "Love, Commitment, and Faith"
- November 16, 2015 | Lauren Schwer, Assoc. Director of Campus Ministry: "What's Your Cannonball?"
- October 20, 2015 | Don Heider, Dean, School of Communication: "Doubt and Faith"