Thank you for a great 8 years.
Life. Love. Faith. Let’s talk about it. Since 2015, Agape Latte has engaged students in conversations around life, love, and faith centered on a theme anchored by a well-known campus guest speaker. This caffeinated program has served Campus Ministry well for the past eight years, and the time has come when the last pot of coffee has been served. As we look to the future of engaging and serving our students, I am re-directing our staffing and financial commitments and therefore bringing a close to the Agape Latte program. This is not a reflection of the success of this program, which has continued to see great participation even in the wake of Covid-19, but rather a response to other ways our office hopes to live out our mission moving forward. I am grateful to the program’s founder, Lauren Schwer, for her passion in bringing this program to Loyola, to Megan Quirk for carrying it on, and to Claire Soupene as she has shepherded this program in its final years. The student teams have been phenomenal and essential and a huge thanks is due to all of them. Finally a word of gratitude to all on the Campus Ministry team who have supported Agape Latte; we are a strong team because everyone helps. As the last espresso is pulled and the final chocolate-covered coffee beans are eaten, I hope we will continue to talk about the movement of faith in our lives.
Previous Speakers and Topics
- April 2023 | Cory Barnes, Director of the Center for Black Student Excellence
- March 2023 | Sara Woody, Protestant Chaplain
- November 2022 | Ervin Liz, Native Root Coffee
- October 2022 | Dominique Jordan Turner, Vice President for Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- April 2022 | McKenna Rogan, Violence Prevention & Advocacy Specialist
- March 2022 | Lizzie Mintz, Jewish Life Associate
- November 2021 | Kayla Martensen, Professor of Criminal Justice and Criminology
- October 2021 | Br Mark Mackey, SJ, School of Environmental Sustainability Faculty
- November 10, 2020 | Aminatu Rubango, Business Career Services Associate Director: "Holistic self care practices"
- September 29, 2020 | Robin Berman, Senior Health Educator and Advocacy Coordinator: "Celebrating interfaith holidays"
- June 9, 2020 | Kristi Beltran, Orientation Graduate Intern: "Hands raised, feet planted"
- April 7, 2020 | Brody Tate, Learning Portfolio Program Manager: "The gift of mentorship"
- February 11, 2020 | Megan Sholar, Interdisciplinary Honors Program faculty: "Overcoming stereotypes and doing what scares you"
- October 29, 2019 | Omer Mozaffar, Muslim Chaplain: "Why do I do this work?"
- September 17, 2019 | Deb Schmidt-Rogers, Director of Residence Life: "Faith, doubt, and family"
- March 26, 2019 | Hannah Bloomberg, Hillel Engagement Associate: "I don't have a path, I have a direction"
- February 5, 2019 | Tim Love, Executive Director for Equity and Compliance: "Following your compass"
- November 6, 2018 | Aaron Durnbaugh, Director of Sustainability: "What are you hungry for?"
- October 16, 2018 | Keyona Castleman, First and Second Year Advising: "Are you there, God? It's me, Keyona."
- February 13, 2018 | Oliver Goodrich, Faith Formation Campus Minister: "Running into Love"
- November 14, 2017 | Eric Immel, SJ, Associate Dean for Student Success at Arrupe College: "I am not a burden"
- October 17, 2017 | Samantha Stewart, Assistant Athletic Director
- March 21, 2017 | Jermaine Pearson, Outreach Campus Minister: "Adulting 101: Using Faith to Figure It Out"
- February 21, 2017 | Dr. Jo Ann Rooney, President of Loyola University Chicago
- November 15, 2016 | Fr. Tom Regan, SJ, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences
- October 18, 2016 | Joe Saucedo, Director of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs: "Family, Roots, and Purpose"
- March 15, 2016 | Patrick Schultz, Asst. Athletics Director: "Faith as a Journey"
- February 16, 2016 | Natasha & K.C. Mmeje, Asst. Director of Wellness Center and Dean of Students: "Love, Commitment, and Faith"
- November 16, 2015 | Lauren Schwer, Assoc. Director of Campus Ministry: "What's Your Cannonball?"
- October 20, 2015 | Don Heider, Dean, School of Communication: "Doubt and Faith"