Food Security Resources
Food insecurity is the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner. The most extreme form is often accompanied with physiological sensations of hunger.
There are two ways you can recieve immediate support:
- Arrupe Market is open to all Ramblers and located in McGuire Hall at Water Tower Campus. This resource will be open twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Complete the request form.
- SNAP for Students wondering if you qualify for "Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program" in the city of Chicago? Learn more about student qualifications.
- Chicago's Food Bank Finder is apart of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. This resource is specifically for students who reside in Chicago and perfect for in-state resimuters and commuters. We recognize that coming to campus may not be feasible. Please use this resource to access food for you and your family.Feeding America Food Bank Finder is a resource for Ramblers who live out of state and are looking for food near your home. Please use this resource to access food for you and your family.
- If you are in need of a long term plan of action, please submit a CARE Referral, and a staff member will email you to explore additional options. Submit a CARE Referral
Take time to read the full reports listed below:
- "Still Hungry and Homeless in College" (Goldrick, et. al., 2018)
- "Campus Food Pantries: Insights from a National Survey" (Goldrick, et. al., 2018