Inceptia (Verification Gateway)
Federal Verification Process
Federal Verification Process
Loyola University Chicago is pleased to announce we have established a partnership with Inceptia to expedite the federal verification process for our students. Verification Gateway (VG) from Inceptia is an online portal to guide students and parents through the verification process.
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S Department of Education, you will receive an email from VGCS@inceptia.org, or postcard from Inceptia, containing Loyola University Chicago’s unique website link to start the verification process.
We encourage you to begin the verification process within 7 days of receiving notification from Verification Gateway to ensure there is no delay in award processing.
Follow these steps to complete your verification:
- Access our school’s unique website link in the email from VGCS@inceptia.org or listed below.
- Create your account and choose preferences for text messages and e-signatures.
- Complete your Task List.
- Confirm your signature and review your information.
- Sign your account.
*If you are a dependent student, your parent also needs to create their own account and complete each of these steps.
Verification Gateway Links:
- 2021-2022 Federal Verification (includes Fall 2021 - Summer 2022 terms): https://www.verificationgateway.org/luc2022
- 2020-2021 Federal Verification (includes Fall 2020 - Summer 2021 terms): https://www.verificationgateway.org/luc2021
In order to provide estimates of financial aid eligibility to students in an expedient manner, awards are calculated based on the original FAFSA data, and letters are mailed before the verification process may be complete. If corrections are needed as a result of the verification process, eligibility will be recalculated and awards may be revised. For this reason, student and parent information should be as accurate as possible on the FAFSA.
Verification is complete when Inceptia has received and reviewed all requested documentation and reported your completed file to Loyola University Chicago. If a student fails to provide the required documentation, Loyola University Chicago cannot:
- Disburse any federal, state, or institutional grants
- Disburse and federal loans such as the Stafford or PLUS Loan funds
- Hire or continue a student’s employment in a FWS job
Questions about the verification process?
Contact Inceptia, Monday 8 am – 8:30 pm Central and Tuesday through Friday 8 am – 7 pm Central at 888.374.8427 or VGCS@inceptia.org.
Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program (NSLP), is a nonprofit organization committed to offering effective and uncomplicated solutions in financial aid management, default prevention, and financial education. Our mission is to support schools as they launch brilliant futures for students, armed with the knowledge to become financially responsible citizens. Learn more at Inceptia.org.