Walter Tangarife, Ph.D.
Office: Room 301, Cudahy Science Hall
Joined Loyola in 2018.
- Ph.D. in Physics, The University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. in Physics, La Universidad de Antioquia
- College Physics I & II
- College Physics Laboratory I & II
- Theoretical Mechanics
- Freshman Project
- Undergraduate Research
- Special Topics: Particle Physics
Research Website: http://wtangarife.sites.luc.edu/
Particle Theory, including:
- Dark matter and hidden sectors in particle physics.
- Gauge mediation and phenomenology of supersymmetry breaking.
- Model building in particle physics and cosmology.
- Black hole complementarity and the information paradox.
- Properties of holographic entanglement entropy and mutual information.
- Black Holes, holography and emergent spacetime.
- Thermalization and dissipation in holographic setups.
- Other applications of the gauge/gravity correspondence.