The Dance and Music majors at Loyola require a two-part application process: an application for admission to the University and an application to audition for the major. The Theatre major does not require an audition to declare the major. See more information below.
- Prospective Dance majors are required to audition for the program.
- Placement sessions are required for non-major students wishing to register in classes level II and above. These are held before the semester to determine the classes in which students should enroll.
- Auditions for dance productions are held in the beginning of the academic year. Requirements for each audition vary depending on the needs of the particular productions.
- As of Fall 2015, Prospective Music majors are required to audition for the program.
- Current Loyola students have several opportunities including applied lessons and ensembles which require an audition.
- Prospective Theatre majors and minors are not required to audition to enter the program. Once you are accepted to the University, you will need to declare the Theatre major or minor.
- The Theatre Program offers competitive scholarships available for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- The Department of Fine and Performing Arts holds auditions for actors, singers, and dancers for its Newhart and Underground Theatre productions throughout the academic year. Requirements for each audition vary depending on the needs of the particular productions.